cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre keeps syncing at slow speeds

Helenjohn

Fibre keeps syncing at slow speeds

We have a had a problem with out broadband for quite sometime now, we had a llums fault about 2 months ago and ever since this has been fixed getting the router to sync at 40mbps has been a nightmare, we get it to sync at 40mbps buy reconnecting about 6-8 times then after a day or so it's sync's back at 12mbps which is not good enough for a fibre connection which is basically connecting at adsl speeds! We would like to get this sorted asap now as the router is only connecting at 35mbps now so it's starting too go lower as I'm disconnecting to constantly bump the speed as it won't sync at the reasonable speed.
2 REPLIES 2
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Fibre keeps syncing at slow speeds

The first thing I would advise if not done already is to follow all the steps in the broadband troubleshooter here to see if things improve. if they don't improve after completing all the steps  then I would advise completing the BTW Speedtest completing both the initial and further diagnostics here then raising a fault ticket here if needed.

But like I said follow the steps in troubleshooter first and give it a few days then do the BTW tests and fault ticket in a few days if you see no improvement.

James

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fibre keeps syncing at slow speeds

Let us know how you get on with the troubleshooting checks and if you haven't already I'd definitely make sure speeds have been tested whilst you're connected directly to the router with a network cable.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team