cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre keeps going off

Peter20

Fibre keeps going off

We have had issues with a slow connection, the wi-fi dropping out and now the router keeps disconnecting from the broadband. We then get the page of checks to do, even though it is nothing to do with us, I have had to upgrade the mobile data on my daughters phone and listen to her continually complain of being kicked out of her games, now my wife has started complaining, i am at the point of going elsewhere and paying off the contract. I thought using BT lines, I would have had a similar Fibre experience, but i seem to have a worse experience than with Talk Talk. Is there any reason that the router keeps going red with no Internet?
3 REPLIES 3
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Re: Fibre keeps going off

Hi @Peter20

Sorry to hear about problems with your broadband. I have tested your line and there is no fault but we can see that line is sometimes dropping.

Can you please confirm if Own Domain Checks were completed and if router is plugged into test socket as on this guide?

You can follow this guide to improve quality of wireless network and raise your fault online here if drops won't stop after connecting router into test socket.

buckomb
Hooked

It happens to me as well. Plusnet said no fault on line. Rebooted router, checked all cables etc still the same. I think it's Plusnet going down hill think I'm gonna switch when my contract runs out in Dec fed up of it. It happens nearly every day, and this morning and just now. Also connected via ethernet. Just get the orange light when watching iPlayer or downloading stuff. Ironically when I wfh it's fine 🙄 just in the evenings.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @buckomb,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for any issues with your connection, I'm sorry to hear it's causing inconvenience.

I've looked into this and would firstly advise that together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, if you feel there is a Speed Fault please raise this online at faults.plus.net.

I've run a diagnostic check on your broadband via the line integrity systems at our supplier Openreach, and the checks have not diagnosed any fault. Your speeds are reporting at the maximum downstream and upstream speeds for your connection and product. This suggests there is no interference or loss of connection, otherwise the dynamic line management would have applied stability measures and in doing so this would impact upon your speed.

A visible orange light on the Hub One router would suggest that the Wi-Fi has been turned off manually, in which case the Wi-Fi button may have been turned off. This is not to be confused with the blue bar light that has turned orange, as this suggests a loss of synchronisation. There is no information coming from Openreach to suggest a loss of synchronisation however.

If you are getting an orange bar light, in the first instance I would suggest you ensure all relevant devices (PCs, laptops, TVs and games consoles) are connected by Ethernet cable to reduce avoidable load on your Wi-Fi. Please can you then ensure some Wi-Fi troubleshooting has been followed and then connect to the test socket.

Here's some tips on how to boost your Wi-Fi.

If you're losing your Wi-Fi signal this is a local issue affected by possible router interference or other Wi-Fi. This third party link will give an insight on what will nowadays cause Wi-Fi interference.

If you are suffering from Wi-Fi loss, consider splitting the frequency to manage the load and also changing your router channel to avoid interference.

I hope the information helps.

Thanks - LF