cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre issues since 28th Oct

james1234

Fibre issues since 28th Oct

I've been suffering from frequent disconnections and slow speeds that I first noticed last Friday (28/10/2016) and it seems to be getting worse not better. I work from home and use skype a lot but I'm finding it's impossible to keep a call going for more than a few minutes at a time.

I'm using a BT Openreach modem connected to an Asus RT-N66U router if it makes any difference. I have used this combo for several years without any issues though.

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fibre issues since 28th Oct

Hi there,

I can see from your account that you've reported this online and tests have picked up on a line fault.

I'll drop you an update on ticket 137297805 shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Oddly, I've been suffering intermittent random dropouts for a few days and have raised it on this forum. Advised today to report it as a fault, and have done, but seeing other posts with similar issues, I'm wondering if there's a general fault or underlying reason in the system?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

As the sync of a line is governed locally between the router and cab/exchange it's not something that a widespread issue could cause so just a coincidence.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
james1234

The BT engineer has visited today. He found and fixed a problem in the cabinet which was the probable cause. Thanks for getting it fixed for me so quickly.