cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre internet question.

KaotiK
Grafter

Fibre internet question.

Hey, apparently fibre is due to be rolled out at my exchange in march, however my house as its right next to the exchange and most other in my small village is connected via exchange only line. Does this mean after waiting years to finally get fibre that i wont be able to get it?? Im a bit confused to how it works, as i dont see the point in enabling fibre in my area if no house can get it? Or do they have a solution for that?
New to it all and just reading info on superfast-cymru website and coming to this annoying conclusion so hoping someone with more knowledge can shed some light on how this all works ? cheers
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Fibre internet question.

Sorry to say but "it all depends"
They can add a fibre cab directly outside or even inside the exchange and if, as you suppose it is part of the superfast-cymru they may do that
All you can do at this stage is wait and see
KaotiK
Grafter

If i put my phone number in on the website it says this:
FTTC In Scope
You are connected to the Capel Curig exchange.
Your area is in scope for the roll out of Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC).
Work is ongoing to deploy the fibre network locally, however there's no guarantee of fibre service at individual premise level.
However if i put my post code in it says its an exchange only line?
WWWombat
Grafter

A lot of the work left to do by BDUK project requires the conversion of EO lines into cabinet-fed lines, followed by an FTTC upgrade. Or by "copper re-arrangement" so that lines fed by a distant cabinet are shifted to a closer cabinet.
Many postcodes have telephone service provided from more than one cabinet, and/or more than one EO cable bundle. When you query the database with a post-code, it can be difficult to provide you with accurate information. Some lines could be being connected to a cabinet, while some may be left out.
It looks like this re-arrangement work is being done in Capel Curig, but it means it is virtually impossible to give you an answer for any one specific property.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
KaotiK
Grafter

ah ok thanks Smiley  well i live in hope!!!