Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre internet not working

FIXED
Lwio
Rising Star

Fibre internet not working

I couldn't connect my sky box to the internet so after restarting it a few time I decided to restart the router. I have two AirPort Extreme routers one in bridge mode. After restarting I cannot get an internet connection, router flashes orange indicating no internet connection. I have swapped one router for the other and reset both. You may have heard of a storm heading this way, I'm in N Ireland but this was happening before the storm hit here although I don't know how the fibre is routed to England. Anyway three green lights on modem hg612. So if the service is down okay otherwise any help appreciated. Btw I can connect wired and wirelessly to the router.
4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Fibre internet not working

Fix

Hi there,

It looks like your router is trying to authenticate to the internet using an incorrect password

Can you login to your router settings and make sure you're connecting using your account password?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lwio
Rising Star

This might sound daft but there's no where in the settings to input a user name and password. The modem box is connected to the phone master socket which in turn connects to the AirPort Extreme via a patch cable. Previously I just switched them both off and on to connect if there was a fault. Is the password/username stored on the modem?
Lwio
Rising Star

Okay. Thanks for the reply. Found the input for the account name /password it’s under pppoe settings once I put those in it worked. It’s been a long time since I set this up so I must have forgotten. Day without Internet, the horror of it.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear it's sorted!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team