Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre internet “connected” but no internet

FIXED
chrisk1
Hooked

Fibre internet “connected” but no internet

I’ve recently moved into a new flat and am trying to set up my Plusnet fibre broadband. The light on my hub is blue and the Plusnet Hub One lists my internet as “connected”, but I can’t use it. My broadband username is listed as setup@plusdsl.net instead of my actual username.

Can you help me? The internet is critical for my work from home job. I have already had a bad experience getting this set up. I placed the order for broadband before I moved in, but nothing was done to start the process of activating the line until I moved in, due to a fault/mistake with Plusnet’s systems.
12 REPLIES 12
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Fibre internet “connected” but no internet

Have you had the text to say your service should be working?

Have you tried changing the username and password to your settings?

The setup setting suggests your account is not yet ready.

chrisk1
Hooked

Thanks for your reply. I’ve had a text a few days ago saying my Home Phone service is ready to use. Will there be a separate text about the broadband?

I can’t see a way to change my username through Plusnet Hub One. In the Settings tab, when I click Enter my Broadband username and password, I see a message saying “You’re already connected to the Internet. No further setup is needed.”
Mustrum
Community Veteran

You would normally get a separate message/text to say your broadband is ready.

Is this a new installation, or have you transferred from another supplier?

Pressing and holding in the reset switch with a pin - on the rear of the router - and holding for 30secs will reset the router - if your account is live it should change to your username and be able to connect.

Logging into your account and looking at your tickets should show when your broadband is due to go live.

chrisk1
Hooked

I’m not sure what you mean by a new installation. I was a Plusnet broadband customer at a different flat. I’ve moved into a new flat, where the previous tenants were Plusnet customers and I’ve transferred my Plusnet account to this new address.

I can see from my tickets that the dual broadband and phone was due to be switched on on 7 August.

I reset the router as you suggested. I got to a screen where it has my correct username and was asked to enter my password. It’s not clear if this is the password to my Plusnet account or the password on the card that comes with my router. There are two passwords on that card and it could be either of those. I reset three times, trying a different password each time. Every time the password was incorrect. I clicked the reset password button but instead of resetting a message comes up saying I’m already connected to the internet. But my username is now setup and I’m not actually connected. So back to square one.

Do you know what password I should be entering?
Mustrum
Community Veteran

It should be the password you enter to get into the member centre.

chrisk1
Hooked

Thanks. I reset again and this time I’m not prompted to enter a username and password. For the first time my actual broadband username is displaying correctly in Plusnet Hub One. Now my internet is disconnected. Clicking the Connect button doesn’t connect it.

The light on my hub is now orange.

Can you advise what I can try now?
Mustrum
Community Veteran

Did you do the 30 sec pin reset again? If not try that.

chrisk1
Hooked

I tried that. I get to a screen when I have to enter username and password. I enter the password for my account, which is definitely correct. I’ve tested it by logging into my Plusnet account. But nothing happens. I get stuck on the login page.
Mustrum
Community Veteran

I am getting a bit confused as to where you are getting to.

If you are seeing the correct username xxxyou@plusdsl.net I beleive, the the router should be picking up your account password -however:

1. Did you get a new username and password when you moved?

2. If not is it the same as you had in the last place, or has anything changed?

It would be worth looking at the help pages https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-setup-guides/

As I am unsure if it is the router admin password you are being asked for if you are going to the advanced section - ie the one on the card - or you are getting an error message from the account to correct the password?

chrisk1
Hooked

The password I use to log into my account hasn’t changed. I’m not in the advanced section. Sometimes when I reset using the pin I’m asked for my admin password initially, but the problem is when I’m entering the password under xxxyou@plusdsl.net. I know the password to be my correct account password but it says it’s wrong.

I’ve changed the password on my account to see if that helps.

I’ve already checked the help, thanks. The issue is that I’m doing what the screen is prompting me to but it’s not working.
chrisk1
Hooked

Resetting my account password seems to have fixed everything. I can now connect and use the internet. Very strange.

Thanks for your help.
Mustrum
Community Veteran

Fix

No worries, glad you are sorted.

Feel free to click the thumbs up icon and/or the Fix button.

😀