cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre installation failure!

Millym2015

Fibre installation failure!

An engineer was meant to come out to install fibre on 6th November however this was cancelled and rebooked for today between 1 and 6pm.  No engineer has shown up, I rang the helpline but there is an hours' wait to speak to someone and I'm not prepared to pay for such a lengthy call.  The online chat is also not working.
As Plusnet contacted my own provider - the dreaded TalkTalk - to inform them that I would be leaving them on 6th November, TalkTalk have disconnected my internet.  I'm now having to use a BT fon wifi voucher in order to access the internet which is really expensive!  I need to know when an engineer is coming out to see me.  Can someone at Plusnet PLEASE hurry up and get back to me regarding this.  I should have stayed with TalkTalk!
11 REPLIES 11
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Fibre installation failure!

I rang the helpline but there is an hours' wait to speak to someone and I'm not prepared to pay for such a lengthy call.
Yes, the wait is excessive!, but it's a Freephone number 0800 432 0200 so you are not paying for the call.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dubfather

Same problem here, I was on SKY Fibre Unlimited Pro & Plusnet arranged the transfer to their Unlimited Fibre Extra (same package) to happen between 1pm & 6pm on 16th November, phone number changed at 11:40am & connection stopped, no engineer turned up & after an hours wait on the support line, they stated the engineer needn't come to my property as fibre was already installed through Sky & it would be on by 6pm. Still nothing at 6pm, so after waiting 90 minutes on the support chat, they said try after midnight & they would raise it with their offline team today, Tried this morning - still no connection, I wouldn't have transferred if I'd known connection would be down this long.
I'm changing electricity supplier on Wednesday, if the service is anything like this I'll be sitting in the dark in my overcoat!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@Millym2015
I can see that the engineer tried to visit you yesterday afternoon but wasn't able to gain access?
@Dubfather
I'm contacting our suppliers regarding this for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Millym2015

Hi, I was in all day yesterday, I made sure I was.  No one attended.
Millym2015

And if the Engineer didn't get a response for any reason then why did he or plusnet not try and phone me?  I was at home from 9:30am onwards yesterday.  I'm having to log out now but will pick up any responses later on.  I, and other customers by the look at the forum, really need this sorting out.  I will expect an answer from plusnet regarding what is going on later when I am back.
Thank you.
Millym2015

Update:  I have been on the phone to a lady at plusnet, the Engineer said he visited my house twice yesterday.  This is untrue.  After having my first appointment cancelled and being without the internet, I made sure that I took time off from my self employed job to be home yesterday ALL DAY!  I was told that because this is now classed as a missed appointment I will have to pay a fine of £50.00.  I argued the case, the lady spoke to her manager and said that AS it was my word against the Engineers then they would be willing to halve the fine - OH LUCKY ME!!!!  I would also have to wait until 27th November for my fibre to be installed.  I notice on here that a few customers did not have their engineer turn up as planned - is this an easy way for plusnet to make a quick buck?  I'll be taking this further and reporting this to the Ombudsman Services.
I have now cancelled my direct debit with plusnet and will attempt to get my set-up fee returned.  I'll hold onto the router until I do ha!
Dubfather

After another 1 hour 25 minutes on the support phone line, I get the following in an email 
"As per our conversation I have been in touch with our suppliers.
I have been informed that your fibre order has a cancellation order pending against it due to a previous issue with your matching phone order.
Once this has cancelled 18/11/15 we can reprovide your order as a self install fibre order and get this completed by 20/11/15"
I've no idea why the fibre order was cancelled or what the previous issue with the phone order was, as the new phone was active Monday lunchtime.
It looks like I'll be without broadband for at least 4 days, If I'd known I wouldn't have bothered changing.
Just had an update
"Broadband cancellation still pending, unable to replace order. This should cancel when full 24 hours has elapsed.
This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 18th November at 8:00pm."
Will be off longer now I suppose, absolute nightmare, my sister was also switching to Plusnet this month & has just cancelled due to my experience. I'd cancel, but worry it would be even longer.
Millym2015

Oh dear Dubfather, we aren't having much luck are we.  I had a response from my complaint saying that they are willing to waiver the fine (I should think so too!) and that I can either re-arrange for another engineer appointment (no way) or I can do it myself and the engineer will install fibre remotely.  I didn't even know I could do this as would have chosen this option to begin with.  I'm in a quandary about what to do now.  Should I stay with Plusnet who are pretty horrific or go elsewhere where I may well get the same problem.  I hope you manage to sort your problem out soon x
Dubfather

Still no connection & still none the wiser.
Dubfather

Told me it would be at least another 5 days so I've cancelled out of frustration, that's about 8 hours of my life  I won't get back waiting in phone queues, going with Origin Broadband, saved myself some money too!. I bet this post gets deleted.
Millym2015

It shouldn't get deleted.  Fingers crossed that Origin don't mess  up like Plusnet have and that you get your internet fairly soon.  It's been one massive headache.