cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre installation cut off internal phone extension

bluegunk
Grafter

Fibre installation cut off internal phone extension

PlusNet very recently helped me with a difficult fibre installation and I cannot fault them the customer service. Fabulous!
But I have just discovered the OpenReach engineer who rewired our master socket has succeeded in cutting off our front room telephone socket. I DID tell him we had three points - master and two extensions, and he moved our master from under the stairs to our main room but something has happened to our front room extension in the process. Because I have Sky Multi-Room, it won't be long before Sky will be threatening me with 'sending the boys around' for having an unplugged satellite. Sadly I was unable to check at the time because the line was behind a cabinet and it didn't occur to me he would cut it off.  Embarrassed
Naturally our dear pal Jess can't answer this question (being a Commodore 64 computer). So I'm hoping Matt or others on staff might be able to spot this conundrum and see if the situation can be put right some time  Wink
In hope and thanks,
Clive
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Fibre installation cut off internal phone extension

Sorry to hear that.
I'll raise a complaint to Openreach for you.
They should then arrange for a engineer to come out and reconnect the extension.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bluegunk
Grafter

Thank you! That's tremendously helpful!
Clive
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I think now Sky boxes have internet connection they no longer need the phone  Huh
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra