cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre install not turned up twice

Sameold

Fibre install not turned up twice

Hi. Anybody else experiencing this? First ordered fibre 7/10/15 and should be connected within 10 days. First install date 23/10/15 no engineer, 2nd date 02/11/15 which was then changed to 03/11/15  between 08:00 & 13:00. No one has arrived !!! Calls to PlusNet taking minimum of 15 minutes and in 3 calls I have been on the phone for over an hour, chat moves me onto another dept. with 14 customers ahead of me  :-[. Provisions dept. said they would call back in 10 minutes but have not!!!  Angry So to date: one day of work, 3 to 4 long phone calls with not much progress made, chat pretty much is just time wasted,  today is a wasted day of my holiday time when I should have been hillwalking and changed plans accordingly. Think I might have made a bad choice to switch to PlusNet.!! "we'll do you proud"  Undecided
Already considering cancelling. Undecided

14 REPLIES 14
elzorillo

Re: Fibre install not turned up twice

Same here.. Took an unpaid day off work to wait in for them and they didnt have the decency to even call the contact no.
NOT impressed with the service so far (or lack of service).
May cancel the upgrade and stick with my current provider and normal broadband.
Sameold

Yip, no one called me either to inform or explain. Spent the afternoon chasing round PlusNet chat, phones etc. Are PlusNet not a communication company? Looks like the don't communicate with Openreach either, seems that the problem is no ports in Fibre cabinet but how does this happen when appointments are supposed to have been in place to carry out the switch from broadband to fibre broadband. Finally got a guy who seemed to know what he was doing but end result is to start from scratch again. So I do not know when I will actually get fibre!
MelRocks
Grafter

Hi there,
I'm sorry to see you have both cancelled and I wish you the best of luck with your new providers.
We will ensure to take on this feedback for future. Thanks.
martyng

My experience is similar - first call from me to upgrade to fibre about 10 Oct, booked the engineer for 26th, stayed in all afternoon, nothing happened.  But after lengthy calls to support and technical team, they told me that things have changed and engineers are no longer coming out.  Self-install with a modem that would be sent out.  Not good communication.  So ordered the modem - and that still hasn't arrived.  Then found that actually I have been billed back on 10 Oct for post and packing - presumably of the non-arrived modem!  What a shambles.  At the moment have a conversation going on the support line about this - but again to date, no progress.  Am I the only one to be told I am on my own!!
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@martyng Who ever told you that engineers are no longer coming out is lying through their backside, it is happening but not until sometime next year until then a Engineer visit is still a requirement if you didn't have fibre previously and it's the engineer hat brings the modem, Plusnet send and bill for the Router, So I would get back to them and ask why they are lying to you or hopefully one of the CRT will see this and help sort this out instead. 
AndyH
Grafter

If it's a migration, then an engineer won't be sent out (I hope by now Plusnet make this clear to new customers). I believe the same goes for if a property has previously had FTTC.
Quote from: Terranova667
@martyng Who ever told you that engineers are no longer coming out is lying through their backside, it is happening but not until sometime next year until then a Engineer visit is still a requirement

Engineer installs will still go ahead from next year. Openreach are withdrawing new supply of their modem from 31 March 2016, but they will continue to do managed installs of customer/ISP supplied modems (it's good money for them!).
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@martyng
I'm looking in to this now. It doesn't seem as simple as an engineer didn't turn up, or a router and modem weren't ordered. I think there's something more fundamentally wrong here, leave it with me and I'll post back shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@AndyH Ah ok thanks for he info I thought they were stopping both.
Chris
Legend

Simply put, there was no order in place. It didn't go through and the agents you spoke to should have spotted this. I've sent very specific feedback about this as they also didn't check that the orders for your modem and router were placed (they weren't).
I've moved your support ticket to myself, and have placed the order. I'll get the modem and router both dispatched asap. The P&P fee is for the router, not the modem, however I'm refunding this now anyway. Once we've got you connected on Fibre I'll also sort out a goodwill gesture for the errors.
Sorry for the issues, I've got this in hand and will update your ticket asap.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
martyng

Chris - many thanks.  Terranova667 and AndyH - thanks for your comments and this forum comes up trumps.  Chris from the CRT is a star!
Chris
Legend

No problem, really sorry for the mess up in the first place.
The order has been accepted, I need to wait for it to go to the next stage before I can let you know any date for it though, I'll be back tomorrow and will check it then.
allie

i am suffering the exact same thing...now on hold waiting to sort out....they have given me a date of 18th nov am for bt to come round...shall i take a second day off work...noone has offered me anything except blame for bt who they sais did not have a router!!!!  Waited 3 weeks for the date you would have thought that was long enough to get a router and no phone call to let me know....so pissed...if i have to hear stupid music and moto any more i will explode.
biggles001
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Waited in all afternoon for BT engineer to install as stated in email and texts,but no show.This was a migration from Talktalk fibre,and luckily the tt super router works with the configuration found on this forum.Do I need the PN router,or a visit from BT?
snailskin

Yes. They certainly did me proud!!!  Sad  Sounds like my experience was not alone by a long chalk. Engineer booked from 1.00 p.m. to 6.pm.  Stopped in and missed a job but no show! Don't connect your router until the engineer has called I was instructed in then printed letter and emails. I would still be off line and waiting now for a connection but I had, by great fortune, a spare BT modem in the garage from when Talktalk last upgraded my router. Dug the modem out, laced it up per instructions and Bingo, all systems go. Really annoyed that, reading others' comments, Plusnet never have the decency to inform those who are migrating from another IPS that no engineer will turn up. Leaves one hanging in mid air. Also, it took some time for the caller display to start working (only after getting on line, waiting Lord knows how long for a chat assistant to answer) and reporting the fact.
Much improved speed from Talktalk's service but that does not alter the fact I was fed duff info.