cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre install gone wrong

oldaker52

Fibre install gone wrong

My fibre install was due today.  The engineer phoned, said he was working on the cabinet and would be along shortly.  He arrived half an hour later, only to tell me he couldn't install as my line was not in the cabinet.  It seems BT paperwork is wrong!  So now I have no idea what is going on.  I have been trying to ring Plusnet all evening, but cannot get through.  Option 2 says if you would like to discuss your progress, press 2.  I press 2 and get a message - sorry your line is not provisioned yet and hangs up!  Not much of a discussion there, then.    Trying other options, I get messages about huge waiting times - not impressed.      Anyone got an email for support?  At this rate, I might just stick with my BT account
6 REPLIES 6
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Fibre install gone wrong

Quote from: oldaker52
Anyone got an email for support?

There is no email address for support. Posting here was probably your best option, but you are unlikely to get a response until the morning.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

If you can log into the member centre: https://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html you should be able to raise a'question' about your order: https://www.plus.net/wizard/index.html?p=wizard&page=22924&wizard_id=38
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
oldaker52

Thanks W23, but that only offers an online chat up to 8pm.  I've been trying to contact them since 5:30pm.  Not very good at answering the phone, are they?
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Realistically, there would be absolutely nothing Plusnet could do about it outside of normal working hours.
oldaker52

I found the "Help Assistant' and sent a message - Was astonished to see average response time is 18 HOURS, 34 minutes.    I thought Plusnet were proud of their service!
WWWombat
Grafter

Unlucky. I'm in the same situation, though the installation is part of a house move - and I can get through on the phone. I still have to wait though...
If you could get through, you'd find this: when an appointment is missed, Plusnet can't get hold of anything out of BT's records until at least 8pm that day, and possibly longer. Generally, they can't do anything about it (such as make a new appointment) until the next day.
In your case, there is likely no point in making a new appointment, until Openreach can update the data ... and that depends on what today's engineer has reported back on the order notes. He may even have reported a fault internally.
If you get to support on the phone tomorrow, they will go and chat with BT about what is to be done; they'd likely then set up a new appointment ... and you cross your fingers that this fixes things.
However, my experience is that this isn't enough ... and that your order needs some extra care and attention that, hopefully the online team can bring to the case.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.