Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre install choices

shure
Grafter

Fibre install choices

I've copied the reply below from another thread that I didn't want to hijack:
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
If you'd prefer a  HG612 we can cancel your order, resubmit it as self-install and ship you one of those.
Otherwise feel free to replace what the engineer installs with your own VDSL modem router.

I wasn't aware this was an option.  I already have a MK3 BT faceplate installed so is it worth sending an engineer around or is he just going to plug the modem in?  I can do that myself!  Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper for PN just to send me the modem?
My install is due on the 27th so I don't want to do anything to delay it, but neither do I want to waste anybody's time and take up a slot the engineer may use for some other eager soul.  Pretty sure even I can't c*ck up plugging a modem in!
6 REPLIES 6
shure
Grafter

Re: Fibre install choices

Anyone from PN reading this?
shure
Grafter

have to say I'm somewhat disappointed with PN today.  It's a simple enough question and I've seen PN staff answering others today.  How hard could it have been to give a quick answer on this?
Not impressed
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry for the delayed response.
We could do it as a self install order but this would mean cancelling the appointment for the 27th and replacing the order which would delay it by a extra week or two.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
shure
Grafter

Thanks for the eventual reply.
In that case, leave it.  I don't want any delays.  Although I suggest that if all the engineer will do in my instance is plug in a modem it might be wise to promote self-install in the future as surely there's a cost implication to sending an engineer out?  Wouldn't that be win-win all round?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

At the moment we haven't built self install into our ordering systems so it's a manual process.
This may change at some point in the near future but until then the engineer route is the standard process.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
shure
Grafter

Fair enough, thanks