Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre install ...... When ?

gtowen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Fibre install ...... When ?

Engineer was supposed to turn up last Friday 30th October, to install the fibre modem but was a no-show.
Informed Plusnet after 6 pm that day and told it was too late to do anything then.
Monday received the following message:
Unfortunately your fibre upgrade has had to be cancelled by BT. It became stuck in their system and would take longer to raise a case with their back office than to cancel and start again. I am really sorry for the delays regarding this. I am escalating your details to the correct team to place your fibre order.

Since then no update on ticket #113513413. If the original order has been cancelled, why is it taking so long to re-order fibre and give me a date for the engineer to turn up ?
gtowen
26 REPLIES 26
jonbreeze11

Re: Fibre install ...... When ?

Engineer not booked - word of caution to the self employed.
Had a similar situation - signed up for fibre on the 26th October on the promise of a 5th November install. Called customer services a few days later as my router was still listed as not dispatched only to be told that the engineer had not been booked by the person who processed the order, and that i would have to wait an extra 2 weeks.
To make it worse i'd already booked cover for my job so with the new install date also needing to be off work this upfront cost to me will be roughly £220. Just a warning to anyone considering which company to use.
The customer service guys were all very nice though can't fault them there, but looking around various forums this seems to happen to quite a lot of people with no contingency in place to do anything about the extra 2 weeks without connection. In fact the (nice to be fair) guy I spoke to who rebooked an engineer didn't seem surprised at all and just matter of factly informed me of another 2 weeks.
gtowen
Rising Star

Conspicious that over 80 views only one comment and nothing from Plusnet Sad
Just had a reply to the ticket:
This Question is now on hold until Monday 9th November at 7:00am
Cancellation stuck in pending state from 2/11/15. Contacted BT Wholesale. Issue raised, and order should be cancelled by 9/11/15 and order should be able to be placed then.

So one fiasco after another, first the order gets stuck and now they can't even cancel it, think the whole system needs a serious overhaul starting with openretch !!!
nrwilliams1975

Hi,
Having the same issue. Waited in all morning and no show. Finally get through to someone and get told "order rejected by  supplier". Will have to wait another 2 weeks. Joke! Very tempted to just cancel the lot now. 😞
gtowen
Rising Star

7:08am, Monday 9 Nov 2015
Question [ 113513413 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.

Still waiting for an update !!! Sad Sad
jeffrington

exactly the same happened to me, i rang the evening before they were due to check everything was ok and that the engineer would need to bring a router as i hadn't received it, only to be casually told that there was no record of my appointment, i had been on hold for about 40 minutes so when i heard this i went mad, eventually calmed down and excepted that i had to wait another two weeks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@gtowen,
Sorry for the delayed response.
Unfortunately the order hasn't cancelled off yet but I'd expect it to be by tomorrow so I've set myself a reminder to chase this again then for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@gtowen,
Apologies for not being able to chase this yesterday, I'm talking to our suppliers now and will update your ticket shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gtowen
Rising Star

As I expected, roll on Monday Sad Sad
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Even the normally excellent service on the forum seems to have gone to the doghouse. Staff morale at PN must be at rock bottom.
gtowen
Rising Star

Well considering it took over 300 views before someone from PN commented, I think the doghouse is here to stay Sad
gtowen
Rising Star

Another weekend gone by, no update and still no idea when my fibre upgrade will happen....... Sad Sad Sad
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Staff morale at PN must be at rock bottom.

There's no issues with that here and I can only apologise to the OP for it taking us a while to get to reply to this.
We may not get to reply to every single post but we're replying to what we can here, let me know if you have any other feedback @tijara33
@gtowen I'm dismayed to see that the previous order is still showing as "pending cancellation" (which is what's preventing us from raising a new order) I'm escalating this with our suppliers now.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gtowen
Rising Star

While the lack of updates is frustrating enough, the fact that after 2 weeks the original order has still not been cancelled is ridiculous.
It gives the impression that PN is submitting the request and then doing nothing until I the customer complain about still waiting !!!!
I can only suppose new customers get priority over present customers, regarding installs, new routers, customer service Sad
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I can only suppose new customers get priority over present customers

No, the issues we've encountered could happen to any order.
I've  escalated the matter and will continue to keep you updated.
UPDATE: I'm chasing this again now, we're still hitting the same issue here but I'm continuing to push back as best I can.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team