cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre install - W8960n

daskinner
Grafter

Fibre install - W8960n

I'm getting fibre installed tomorrow and currently using a TP link router model W8960n.
I want to continue to use this still once I've been moved to fibre. I know from reading online you can configure a port for EWAN
http://www.tplink.com/en/article/?faqid=344
Has anyone done this using these instructions and if so do I need to do the last few steps MAC Clone?
Is there anything else I need to change or is it that simple? The router already has my plus net details in as I'm currently using it for my ADSL connection.
Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
mlmclaren
Grafter

Re: Fibre install - W8960n

On step 13 you need to select PPP over Ethernet
Then it should ask you for a username and password (I think there the same as you ADSL ones)
If step 14 shows then you will select "Obtain DNS for WAN"  ( The WAN interface selection will probably appear slightly different )
then you should be ready to go!
daskinner
Grafter

That's great, thank you!
daskinner
Grafter

I'm just configuring the router as BT should be here soon. Some of the instructions don't match my options but I think I'm doing OK. I do have one that I'm stuck on. Should I tick the below?
bridge pppoe frames between wan and local ports
nonamesleft
Grafter

i use the TD-W8980 with my fibre and it works fine as long as you set it us as a router and config the wan with the right settings ie username, password ect. remember to save settings
daskinner
Grafter

Thanks. BT just left. I think its working.
Can plusnet check all is well as I have to go back to work so can speed test or anything.
daskinner
Grafter

ok I called Plus Net and my line profile had been set incorrect. They have updated this so I should see full speed when I get home.
Does anyone know how I can see my line stats ? I've read the open reach moden is locked down.