cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre fault

liamlej
Dabbler

Fibre fault

Hi, can someone please check my current line profile.
im supposed to be on a 80/20 package which was fine but now getting 18 up and only 0.5 down.
This has happened since I saw BT messing with the cab at the end of the road last week.
Thanks in advance
8 REPLIES 8
Starmans
Grafter

Re: Fibre fault

Try running the BTW broadband Performance Tester via a wired Ethernet connection and post the results you should see your current IP Profile.
Blake
Grafter

Also would be worth turning off the openreach modem and plusnet router for a couple of minutes then putting them back on as it is possible that if there was a temporary glitch,  your profile could have since gone back up if you were lucky and just doing the old trick of off and on could get you back on the right profile.
It is a long shot but if that doesn't work, it would be best to log a fault at this address https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults and the faults team will then work on it for you.
liamlej
Dabbler

Thanks for your response's. I have raised a fault and see what comes up. Even the BTW speed test wouldn't load. Download speed goes between 15 and 35 Mb but the upload is still 0.5 . And , yes , I did try turning everything off, unplugging then restarting. Didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion tho
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Something isn't right as the testing I'm trying to do is being rejected, this is going to need the faults team to take a deeper look.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
liamlej
Dabbler

Hi,
The fault still remains.
BT engineer reported dodgy copper joint - Speeds returned . Then -
Speeds dropped again and now apparently its the plusnet supplied router causing the issues. And its just outside of warranty by a month ( funny that). Now plusnet want me to either have a free one but be charged delivery costs and have to sign up for a new 12 month contract or purchase a new one for £40. Mmmmm- I think its a way to squeeze money from their customer base. I think I shall begin looking for a new provider- Cheers plusnet for trying to shaft someone who is on your top fibre pro package
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

liamlej,
Sorry about this, we don't actually re-contract customers for new routers so I'll pass on some feedback.
I'm happy to replace the hardware for free due to it being so close to the warranty expiry date.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

But you have to pay for it unless you stay for 12 months after order
liamlej
Dabbler

Thanks, but I won't be needing a new router. I'll be getting a new supplier instead.
So it seems that you sign for an 18 month fibre contract then if your hardware fails at 12 months you then have to get a replacement which can potentially lock you in for another 12 months? In my case it becomes a 24 month contract. No thanks

This was the response from PlusNet
"Dear Mr ********************
Thanks for you patience,
The engineer has advised that he believes your router is at fault. Currently your router is out of its year warranty.
We are happy to supply a new wireless router for free (plus a £5.99 postage and packaging charge) provided that you would be willing to stay with Plusnet for the next 12 months.
Alternatively, we can provide the router for a cost of £40.00 plus the £5.99 postage and packaging fee, paid up front.
Please contact a customer services representative on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200. They can take the payment via a credit / debit card and arrange for the router to be dispatched.
Kind regards,
Christopher Johnston"
Another way to get money out of people