Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre fault now worse

smithcomputers
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Fibre fault now worse

Please could someone look into my ticket

The engineer came out monday but now I am only getting 7m where before I got 10.3m. I have done a BT speed test and it says my line is set to an IP profile of 7.05 and surely this must be the problem, please could someone look at this as I thought the engineer had raised my snr to 8 but it looks like the ip profile is the problem and I have been having issues now since  26th August with my fibre and now this. Losing over 25% of my speed when you only get 10.3 in the first place is a massive loss when we have Plusnet TV as well as you can imagine. Many thanks in advance for your help. Mike..

3 REPLIES 3
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: Fibre fault now worse

I can't help with your problem, other than to comment that as Plusnet won't sell you the TV package unless your fibre connection has a minimum line speed of 15Mbps, perhaps it should be rather better than even the 10.3Mbps you had before the current problem?

smithcomputers
Grafter

Yes but that is a very long story with the speed I was promised originaly. I need someone to look at this as something is not right, ever since the engineer came the sync speed is much lower than it was and i'm not sure if its DLM or IP profile but something is wrong. I will attach some screen shots and maybe someone from plusnet will have a look as the fault ticket has been closed but its not fixed. Cheers Mike..

smithcomputers
Grafter

It must be the DLM as the speed is coming back a little at a time, the engineer must have done something and now I guess I will just have to hope it comes back eventually as no one has answered my ticket they just closed it and they haven't answered on here either. Not sure what's happening as PlusNet always used to phone me after a fault to follow up and make sure your happy with the outcome but not any more.