cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre extremely slow

powergirl

Fibre extremely slow

I've had fibre installed since October. The BT speedtest shows the correct speeds but the internet is slower than the previous broadband connection, which was only 2.7 at its best.
I've called them many times to resolve this, having to wait on average half an hour before being put through. They've supposedly done all tests at their end, I've unplugged, unscrewed, got their better router, instead of the two that they left me with at installation, changed ethernet cables, etc etc ad nauseum, and since my last call, 2 days ago, the speeds have strangely dropped to .33 yesterday, and today the best was 12.
As Plusnet doesn't seem to be able to resolve this problem, I wondered if anyone here could possibly help? I've even moved my landline away from the router at their suggestion, which of course made no difference.
Any help greatly appreciated
2 REPLIES 2
blundey
Dabbler

Re: Fibre extremely slow

tell them to check your WP profile and make sure the order has gone through for the package your paying for.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Fibre extremely slow

I can see one of my colleagues tested your line and wasn't able to find any issues.
Apparently your computer slows down as well when you open multiple tabs?
Have you been able to try another device?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team