Did you mean: 

Fibre extra upgrade speed now reduced

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Fibre extra upgrade speed now reduced

Hey @dabow,

Sorry to hear this issue is cropping up again, are you seeing those speeds over wired or wireless tests? Are you still connected to your test socket?

I've just tested the line & broadband - there's no faults that have been detected, the circuit is syncing at 41.2mbps which is within the estimates above the MGALS.

Thanks.

dabow
Rising Star

Thanks Mads for your reply.

All the readings are always wired. The connections are all ok, this was verified during the last engineer visit. The problem again is somewhere in "the system" a banding limit seems to have been applied again when the workable sync speed has been up to 46/47Mb/s previously, giving me a regular stable operating speed of 44.5Mb/s. Why cannot this be achieved again?

Please refer to the previous comments from Plusnet made earlier this month about the banding not being recognised and identified sooner.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for your post, @dabow.

On closer inspection of the account we can see that the 'connection profile' was set to a maximum of 44mbps. We've had this changed to accurately reflect the line estimates (up to 49mbps) and you should notice the speed increase over the next 4 or so hours.

The issue only affects customers with a Static IP and means that it isn't something we'd regularly check, which is more than likely why we've (myself included) have missed this previously. We're sincerely sorry for this oversight.

Please let us all know how you get on.

dabow
Rising Star

Thanks Owen for identifying the problem. I will keep an eye on the speeds and watch for the improvement. I'll keep you updated over the next day. Cheers.

dabow
Rising Star

Hello Owen.

No sign of any speed upgrade yet. Still only 37Mb/s even after trying a router reset to see if that would trigger it to happen.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @dabow,

I've taken a look into this one and raised a ticket response via your account, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
dabow
Rising Star

Hello Alex,

Thanks for the response. I have read the ticket and will wait for the results. I got the impression that Owen had put his finger on the problem and it was sorted. Thanks in anticipation !

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @dabow,

I'm sorry that this issue is still ongoing and for any inconvenience that this is causing you. I've checked and our suppliers have advised that their testing is showing that there is interference on the line at irregular intervals. However, the test has been unable to determine whether the interference is caused by your internal wiring or equipment or something external.

Our suppliers have asked that you carry out the troubleshooting checks to resolve any internal wiring/equipment issues and that we arrange an engineer visit if the problem persists once you've done these checks. If you've not done so already, please run through the following.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL If these checks don't resolve the problem, the next step would be to connect your router directly to the test socket, which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the connection stabilises. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. Please see the following guide for instructions on how to connect to the test socket. https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Please let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
dabow
Rising Star

Hello Emily,

I have sent a reply comment via the ticket system, sorry, got my wires crossed ! 

Could you please look there save me repeating it here.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for your post, @dabow.

As per your ticket response - I was indeed out of the office over the weekend.

The changes that I'd made were to the connection profile and are still in place our side. We're still not detecting an actual fault on the line, with the speeds within the Openreach estimates.

Can you confirm the speeds you're seeing your side this morning?

dabow
Rising Star

Sorry for the late reply Owen.

The actual speeds being achieved are 38 down and 3.9 up. The BT test says the same for down but 7.7 up !!. That up figure has never been achieved by me and I have previously complained that my normal up speed of 3.9 is below par.  The BT line profile states 40. down  20 up.

It seems strange that we don't seem to to be able to get back to the 47Mb/s profile that I have been enjoying for the last three weeks since the engineer visit found the "banding" problem.

I wonder if you can suggest something further.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @dabow,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I can see an engineer has been booked in for you as per this ticket here. This is essentially the next step toward getting the upload speeds corrected .

Please give us a nudge once you've had your engineer app.

Thanks.

dabow
Rising Star

Hello Plusnet help team,

The engineer visit today did a thorough  check of all wiring etc and was found to be all fine. Its looks as though my connection is only finally "stable" at a profile of about 40Mb/s, giving me an actual working download speed of 38.5Mb/s. Although I have achieved working speeds of 44.5Mb/s for a couple of weeks previously "the system" seems to decide that figure is not altogether stable enough and some errors may be occurring, hence the drop down to a more stable 38 etc.

No direct problem could be identified with upload. It looks as though I shall have to put up with the minimal figure of 3.9Mb/s as the line at present is incapable of bettering that figure.

I shall monitor the speeds regularly and update you should any significant further changes occur.

Thanks to all involved on the team for attempting to get the best out of the system for me.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Thanks for getting back to us @dabow, we are happy to hear that your connection appears to be preforming as expected. I have left the ticket with our faults team to monitor it over the next 24 to 48 hours.

Please keep us updated at your side and get back to us immediately if the issue reoccurs.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team