cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre dropping out

Beanz83

Fibre dropping out

Hi

I am having a nightmare with my fibre connection. In the evening every night it starts dropping out every couple of mins. The blue light goes amber and red for approx 1 min then goes blue again. I haven't been able to watch Netflix or stream for a week.

I called Plusnet last night, waited 45 mins to be told it's because I am uploading. I told them that I wasn't and was told it was probably my sky box sending data to Sky which was the upload. Tonight I have disconnected sky and it's still doing to. All devices are off.

This is a nightmare cause we can't stream anything.

And to be told it's a fault their aware of but not much can be done is ridiculous.

Anybody else having this?Huh
6 REPLIES 6
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Fibre dropping out

Are you on 40meg product (with 2mb upload?)
Beanz83

Yes 👍🏼
MrSilver
Pro

Is your Netflix box connected by wifi, and are you sure you have disconnected every device apart from it,

I'm thinking if upload is a proble iPhone dosing iCloud photo uploads, phone backups etc.

I'm only on my phone so can't search easily, but few threads in here about ppp dropouts and where you can check in the hub one log files to see if it's happening.

Have a quick search here or someone else might be able to give the link, I'll check when I get home if I can later.
Beanz83

Thanks for your help. Apparently this is a big problem for Plusnet that they are investigating. They believe that it is the hub one router. I was still losing connection tonight with nothing on in the house so no possible upload.

Apparently Plusnet are piling staff and engineers into sorting it. Fingers crossed.
MrSilver
Pro

Ah ok if its a known issue i guess not much we can do. Was that from the agents/web chat? Any workarounds for others?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I was still losing connection tonight with nothing on in the house so no possible upload.

If there is no upload at all, this is not the issue being investigated. However something *was* uploading on your connection at the times your connection was dropping:

(Ignore the year at the top, this was for yesterday)

As you can see there was uploading between 7pm and 10pm, which matches the disconnections:

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.