cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre drop out on upload a known problem?

thosechilvers

Fibre drop out on upload a known problem?

Got all excited when fibre came to our local cabinet so swopped from BT to Plusnet to get a good deal.

After several long conversations with Plusnet support (who in fairness have been pleasant and helpful) and a happy half day with Openreach engineer (also very helpful) the following is the conclusion:

- we will never get more than 6.5mb due to distance from cabinet even after Openreach replaced damaged section of line.

- Plusnet acknowledge there is a known problem with their router that means uploads cause dropout on fibre. We experience this ridiculously often and Plusnet have monitored this and confirm. 

- Plusnet are working on a general release of a fix (firmware update on router?) but can't give a date for the fix.

- their suggestion is that posting on Community will hopefully trigger one of their support guru's to apply a manual fix to our router - I sincerely hope so else i will be terminating my contract having already reduced it from Unlimited Fibre Extra to Unlimited Fibre and had to go through the ritual of renegotiating my contract.

I would say all the support people i have dealt with have been both pleasant and helpful but this doesn't excuse selling a product that isn't fit for purpose and estimating speeds which clearly were never achievable. 

2 REPLIES
brookheather
Rising Star

Re: Fibre drop out on upload a known problem?

You can request a fix for the upload problem on this thread:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Plusnet-fibre-broadband-does-not-cope-with-uploads-and...

Plusnet FTTC 79997/19999 Vigor 130 + Asus DSL-AC68U
thosechilvers

Re: Fibre drop out on upload a known problem?

Thanks - have applied to the mighty Bob!