Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre download speed sync at 10.5mb on 80mb line after move

FIXED
kilauea72
Hooked

Fibre download speed sync at 10.5mb on 80mb line after move

I've just moved house and in the process upgraded to fibre unlimited. I'm told the line will support 76-80mb, but the actual line speed is only 10.5mb. I've tried resetting the router and leaving it 48 hours but it's no better. BT Wholesale measures it at 10.5mb download and 16mb upload, but won't do diagnostics on the line.

Tried calling support but gave up after 2 30 minute waits in support queue. Tried chat but that's an insane wait too. Can anyone here help?

4 REPLIES 4
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Fibre download speed sync at 10.5mb on 80mb line after move

Hello there,

Sorry to read of the slow speeds you are experiencing.

If you private message me with your username I will be happy to take a look at things tomorrow once I am back in the office.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Fix
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 80.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps

Connection Profile:Generic Speed 10500 No Time Out

Looking into your account I see that your connection profile hadn't updated automatically since your fibre provide during your house move. I've just maxed up the speed now on your account.

Once you're able to, can you reboot your router and let me know how it goes?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
kilauea72
Hooked

Yup - Just rebooted and it's up there at 76+ now. Awesome! Thanks.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Fantastic news, thanks for letting me know. Thumbs_Up