cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre download speed down from 70Mb to 1.8Mb today =(

moarjin
Grafter

Fibre download speed down from 70Mb to 1.8Mb today =(

Can't find any faults listed in my area or anything.

Download speed it usually anywhere between 55Mb to 70Mb.

Today it's 1.8Mb and extremely poor. Taking forever just to load this page (like 2 minutes) so I think the speed isn't the only issue here.

Anybody having similar problems today? (South Somerset area)

57 REPLIES 57
guestmar

Re: Fibre download speed down from 70Mb to 1.8Mb today =(

Less than 1mb all morning in Oxfordshire. Have to use my phone as a hotspot to do anything. No faults reported on website which is Bullsh*t. Waited for half an hour to get through to customer services but ran out of time. Sort it out plusnet.
marcusk
Grafter

The absence of any info is always the kicker is'nt it.

I get that things go wrong, but when the web sites and the Twitter feeds have nothing but adverts for this excellent service that's not helpful and very frustrating for your customers.

Thankfully I'm away all weekend and not sitting her unable to work, play or use any subscription services I pay for on the back of this, currently, useless connection and service.

bimanyakso

Yup, I'm in Kent and the exact same problem for me. Usually, my speed is around 36mbps but now I only get about 1.8-2. I tried restarting the router and resetting it, still the same speed.

stereohaven
Rising Star
Fixes: 4

Same here in Surrey.

Last night up to bedtime (around Midnight) I was happily streaming 4K Netflix, this morning I have to wait a minute for this page to load.

Router sync is 41 MB download and YouView HD channels are streaming fine but "normal" internet access topping out at 1 MB.

Usual fault checking has determined the problem is outside the house somewhere.

Bought a weeks NOW TV sports pass for this weekend, activated it yesterday and now can't access NOW TV at all. Fault teams are saying 3 working days for investigation. Who do I contact to get my money back?

pjblaze

Same here in South Wales.  Usually have a steady speed of 35-40mb and can barely get it above 2 this morning.  Got through to customer services after 30 minutes who said there were no issues their side and it would probably be a wifi channel issue, so sent me instructions via email and went.  I've tested every channel and they are all exactly the same.  Now back on the phone for another 30 minute wait.

stereohaven
Rising Star

A quick trawl through Twitter suggests this is another national performance issue that Plusnet are not bothering to admit to or notify anyone about.

Meanwhile in Plusnet land... Crazy3

plusnet.png

ChefDave

UPDATE !!

'Just spoke to 'the man' & it's a nationwide fault which they

knew f-all about,he hopes it will be fixed by this afternoon

(now right ?.

I said how [-Censored-]ed off people are at no info here &

he said they had no idea of a problem !!. 

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

If it's an Openreach issue (usually is) and they haven't told anyone.......

A&A, for example are not reporting any MSO (Major Service Outage) that I can see.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
ChefDave

We still feel like mushrooms !.

stereohaven
Rising Star

@Strat wrote:

If it's an Openreach issue (usually is) and they haven't told anyone.......

Could well be, but wouldn't other ISP's that use the same infrastructure be affected? I can't find any chatter about issues with BT or Sky this morning for example?

chippiearnold

Just adding South Cumbria to the list - seems to be a national issue though no evidence of any problems online anywhere. Most irritating!

Nozbit

The giveaway sign is how their support twitter handle @plusnethelp has been silent since posting 5 hours ago saying good morning. No response to anyone since. People on twitter saying the phone lines are jammed and taking ages to speak to anyone. 

Claiming they did not know that there was a fault does not wash with me. People accept technical issues however what they don't accept is poor customer service. Plusnet should have acknowledged this fault hours ago.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I just replied on another thread where it seems to be the same issue.
Will try mine later today, but it doesn't seem to be localised.

If anyone knows someone on a different ISP to test it'll help, I'm on cable, my parents are on PlusNet.

stereohaven
Rising Star

According to someone on Facebook the problem is a failed upgrade to some kit, which they are now fixing.

Now I have no idea if this is true or not, but if it is and if Plusnet had simply posted everywhere that this was the case, I would be annoyed but I would have just waited for an update.

They really are their own worst enemy.