Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre down

Reliwonga
Dabbler

Fibre down

Hi,

My fibre has been down since yesterday 17/5/17 sometime after 13:00. It was fine when I left at dinner time but when my other half got in from the school run it was not working. I use a tp link Archer C58. The light for the network is red and in the browser it is saying the internet status is disconnected. I have also tried the original Technicolor router. It had to be factory reset but once it was all setup it the end light wasn't on at all. I spoke to 'Emily' on the support chat and we went through everything again. I changed my password and tried both routers again whilst on the chat. This was about this time yesterday.

I just wondered if you can tell me how long it might be before I can expect to hear something and just what is going on really. The chat just kind of ended with no real explanation of what happens next.

I've also tried the bt_test_user@ account but this is the same.

You forget how much you use the internet for everything these days especially subscription services which are no longer available. The last thing I downloaded was the beta for lawbreakers ready to play today and I can't even play it now.

Hopefully someone can have a look into it for me and let me know how it's progressing.

Thanks
18 REPLIES 18
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Fibre down

Sorry for the issues you're having. I've just responded to the fault ticket on your account with some information.

In summary, testing your line isn't finding any issue so I've pushed this through to our suppliers to test. It's likely the next step will be to request an engineer visit, but we'll let you know if so.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Reliwonga
Dabbler

Thank you for the update.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

We've just updated the fault ticket for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Reliwonga
Dabbler

Hi, could someone have a look what is going on with this now please.

The engineer visited yesterday but only looked at our wiring end of which he found no problems.

I really want this fixing before the weekend now as it'll be over a week by the end of today.

Thanks
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm sorry to hear that your connection still isn't working.

We've passed the fault back to our suppliers and as soon as we know more we'll be in touch.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Reliwonga
Dabbler

How long is that likely to be before I hear anything, later today? Next week?

It only took 24hrs to get the engineer to our home.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

They've just come back to us and I'll be updating your fault shortly.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Reliwonga
Dabbler

Hi, I replied to the fault ticket yesterday but still haven't heard anything regarding another engineer being booked.

Can you let me know what is happening please as this just feels it's going to now drag on into another week.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry for the delay.

I'm getting a appointment booked for you now.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Reliwonga
Dabbler

Well another day and another waste of my time.

Engineer turns up unannounced at 9:30 with no idea about the existing problem. He tests the socket, which the previous engineer had done extensively, then says he's going to check the green box on the street and that is the last we see or hear from him. He had no information regarding the last engineer's visit.

I phoned earlier and was told I'd have to wait 24hrs to find out the report from the engineer.

Just what is going on, someone obviously isn't passing on the correct information somewhere along the line.

Im getting really fed up of having to tell my daughter she can't do all the things she would usually enjoy as most things nowadays are tied online. Let alone all the other subscriptions which require online access to work fully these days.

Then there time off work to make sure someone is here for the engineer.

It's now going to be at least Wednesday before and anything is realistically go to happen and even then I don't hold out much hope.

Any ideas if I can ever expect to have this resolved.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The engineers advised that the router is faulty so we'll need you to try another one.

I'd recommend calling us on 0800 013 2632 so we can look at sending you out a new router.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Reliwonga
Dabbler

I already tried two different routers as stated in my original post. Unless it's the openreach modem which is at fault. Although my later fault ticket is saying it is a problem elsewhere.

If you think it's the modem which is the problem just send a new one. I'm tired of having to do all the chasing to get this resolved.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, after reviewing the history of the issue we've decided to send you a Plusnet Hub One router, please note you won't need to use the Openreach modem along with it.

I've added further detail to ticket 149909914 for you.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Reliwonga
Dabbler

So the new router turns up today and shock horror still the same problem.

So now we're looking at at least Monday before anything is likely to happen.

How hard can it be to get this resolved!

I have phoned and the support ticket has been updated but this will still mean another weekend without any broadband.

So much for 'We'll do you proud'

Do you realize how much actually hinges on being online these days. I've had to pay an extra £16 out now on my mobile to do anything online, and even then I can't really do a lot as anything other than browsing text eats through the data.

Can my mobile data plan be increased to cover the downtime for my broadband? Or can you cover the costs of the extra data I would usually use?

What do you intend to fix this?