Did you mean: 

Fibre connections drops when it rains

FIXED
rickgrimes
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Fibre connections drops when it rains

Hello I’m hoping to get some help.

as the subject line suggests, every time it rains my internet connection drops. 

Tried phoning the help line but there is a long wait time and the online chat isn’t available

My phone line is clear and router cables are all connected properly to the main socket in the house.

Thanks in advance

14 REPLIES 14
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Fibre connections drops when it rains

Hi @rickgrimes

Thanks for getting in touch.

You've got an external fault on your line which is causing the connection drops. I've raised this to our suppliers for you here.

Anything else you need, just drop me a line.

Best wishes,

Dave

rickgrimes
Hooked

Thanks 

MilaLudmilla

I have had the same problem for the last three days and did not rain. Getting through by phone  - I am told it would take 30 minutes.

NB I signed up for Plusnet when moved house based on reports that it has GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

This is disappointing and annoying.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @MilaLudmilla

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've checked your account and your connection has been stable for 120 days. I suspect that your issue relates to the wifi signal from your router and would recommend that you check out the wifi troubleshooting here.

It's also worth connecting a device via a wired connection to establish that the is issue is solely via wifi.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Dave

rickgrimes
Hooked

I posted my issue on here last night and got a response 1st thing this morning letting me know that an engineer will be out within a few days. So i have no complaints about the customer service. So long as my issue gets sorted I'll be happy. Living in Scotland and having my Internet drop out when it rains isn't much fun
rickgrimes
Hooked

Fix
Engineer came out yesterday afternoon and replaced the cable from the pole to my home. Not even 24hrs after raising my concern the engineer was out and fixing my issue. I am now waiting for it to rain to see if it has sorted my problem. Which shouldn't be too long here in Scotland 😂
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Glad to hear the engineer arrived speedily.

Fingers crossed that the fix they did sorts the issue out for you but let us know if you do need any further assistance.

I am now waiting for it to rain to see if it has sorted my problem. Which shouldn't be too long here in Scotland 😂

It's not all bad over there, I got more sunburnt on Islay a few months ago than I did when I went to Australia. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rickgrimes
Hooked

Absolutely pouring down tonight and my internet hasn’t missed a beat. 😍

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Excellent.

Long may it last!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
primrose22

Hi @RandallFlagg

Please could you look into an issue I've been experiencing for a while please? Its the same situation as that of the original poster.

Kind regards

Wizhunter
Grafter

Had and having the same issue with the connection dropping while it rains, engineer came out the other day and said he couldn't find the fault but had redone the connections which seem to have fixed it. Today it is back to how it was with at least 4 drops in the last hour. 

Way to go BT

Wiz

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

@primrose22 - I have ran some checks on your line, and it is showing a loop condition in your property. This is caused by something causing the sound to replicate on the line. I would recommend connecting to your test socket and letting us know when you have done this so that we can run tests again. You can view how to do this here.

@Wizhunter - Are you having the drops via wireless? I've checked your logs, and I can see a stable connection at the moment. I have attached your logs below;

primrose22

@deank

Thanks for your reply. I've disconnected the face-plate as you've recommended. There is just the NTE5 master socket in my property with no other slave lines connected (purely for my router connection).

I appreciate you looking into this issue for me.

Kind regards

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @primrose22, thanks for the update.

On renewed testing of your line, we've detected a disconnection external to your premises. As it's external, the probability is that we won't need to get an engineer to attend your home, but will of course update if that changes for any reason.

We've received an estimated response time for repair of 23:59 on 05/12/2018. Please bear in mind that this is an estimate only and any works could be completed beforehand, or slightly afterwards.

You'll receive notification when the repair is reported as complete but by all means if you still experience the issue after that point then please do get in touch.