cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre connection dropping & slow speeds

Pete1971
Dabbler

Fibre connection dropping & slow speeds

Recently re-joined Plusnet, signed up to fibre extra but connection dropping numerous times on a daily basis coupled with low speeds.  Ticket ongoing since 26th June, BT engineer out yesterday found no fault with my wiring, equipment etc.  Suggested he would replace port at green cabinet if faulty, if not he didn't know what the problem might be.  Heard nothing back from PN yet.  Had fibre broadband wth different provider previously, no problems until I switched providers.  Any suggestion welcome, can PN staff provide any update on my current ticket?

25 REPLIES 25
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Fibre connection dropping & slow speeds

Hi @Pete1971 

I've taken a look into this for you. 

Still looks like you have an issue from where I am sitting I'm afraid 

I've escalated this to our supplier and I'm currently waiting for their reply, whilst waiting I've placed my retest results on your account. Feel free tot ake a look at the most recent updates on this ticket

I'll update it again once I have found out fresh info.

Please accept my apologies, and thank you for the patience and understanding you have shown whilst we have been working on this issue. 

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi again @Pete1971

I've spoken directly to our supplier as the information was taken a bit longer than normal to come through. They have made me aware that this is an external issue at present, and therefore doe snot require an appointment booking with yourself. 

If this changes we will update the ticket I linked you too above. 

I have updated that ticker also with a copy of this information. 

Thanks

Pete1971
Dabbler

Great, many thanks for the update.

Pete1971
Dabbler

Hello again,

This was up for review on 09/07/18 again following referral back to BT - any news from them?  Drop-outs seem to have virtually stopped but speeds still well below guaranteed minimum...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Pete1971

From what I can see an engineer went out last Friday and advised they've fixed a problem at the cabinet.

As we can see your connection has dropped since then and our tests are failing with the following result: "Impairment in copper joint detected most likely in local network", I've sent the job back to them for further investigation.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there. I'm just following up here.

It looks like our suppliers were unable to find the cause of the problem so to further investigate this we'd need to arrange an engineer visit.

If you can reply to your ticket 177585504 with your availability then post back here once you've done so we'll get it booked in for you.

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pete1971
Dabbler

Is an engineer visit needed since one had previously been to my house on 4th July and found no faults, what tests would he be carrying out not done before? Can't keep taking time off work, but if absolutely necessary available time slots 18th, 20th, 23rd July, 1pm to 6pm slot. I've updated ticket with time slots. Concerned this problem has been on going now for quite a while now ever since re-joining Plusnet.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Unfortunately as we're not finding an external fault the only way we have to progress this fault with our suppliers is by arranging an engineer visit.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. I'll head over to your ticket now.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

At the moment we have a Saturday timeslot available (That's rare). Would this be OK?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Whilst booking the appointment with BT Wholesale, the appointment request didn't make its way to the Openreach systems, because the automated line test again found a potentially external fault which means they're sending another engineer to investigate externally and we can't arrange a visit at this time anyway.

Due to the length of time the fault has been ongoing for, I've raised an escalation with our suppliers. If accepted they'll escalate this accordingly with Openreach.

We should have an update within the next 2 working days.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pete1971
Dabbler

Unfortunately too much planned on Saturday, thanks anyway.
Pete1971
Dabbler

BT engineer visited today when I was out, spoke on phone briefly and he was doing external checks but I got the impression he could find no fault. However, yet again tonight watching a film over Netflix the connection was lost numerous times, and speed checks showed considerably slower than my guaranteed minimum. This is all very frustrating as no closer to a resolution and I am paying for a service I am not receiving. Please advise on latest engineer's report and next steps.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear this.

We'll get this chased up for you and your open fault updated shortly

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just doing a bit of follow up here, how's your connection now?

Looks like it's been stable for the past 2 days with no drops.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet