cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre connection down in morning

cra2y80y
Hooked

Fibre connection down in morning

Last two mornings my internet connection has gone down around 2am. Yesterday it came back at 7.30!. Today it’s down at the moment. Router showing a lot of errors on the upstream and can’t sync. Plus net status page shows no error. But this is surely an issue as the isp end? Is plus.net being hacked? Will contact customer support when they open. Need connection as work from home so needs to be stable.
6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Fibre connection down in morning

@cra2y80y Sounds to me like you have a connection issue  on the BT network. I doubt PN have been hacked. 😉

For Community members to be able to help, information from these two sites, as screenshots:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS', and sight of the HELP DESK tab from your Hub would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I can see we've booked an engineer visit for you. Hopefully they can get you back up and running!

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dirpluscom
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

This also happened to me - at two different Plus accounts/connections 200 miles apart. My connection failed just after midnight before I went to bed (I confirmed that I could reach router so not a LAN issue) and at my relative's site 200 miles away their IP Cam registerd a similar issue - "Your  WAN1 interface was offline at 2022-03-16 00:06:06" then reconnection "Your WAN1 interface [Removed] is up just now - 2022-03-16 01:41:00."

So either a very odd coincidence or an issue affecting multiple Plus/OpenReach connections.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@dirpluscom

Can you private message me the account usernames so I can take a closer look?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cra2y80y
Hooked

So I did report the fault to support and had an OpenReach engineer attend my home.

Found nothing wrong but changed the face plate as the one I had was very old.

Prior to the visit the connection was good that morning.

OpenReach said I can get 69mb on the line which is what I synced at on Tuesday and Wednesday.

But before all this it was in the 70+mb connection.

Today Thursday I am syncing at around 73mb, been told by the engineer to keep an eye on it and the weather, as this happened after it was raining on the Sunday evening initially and said could be water getting into the hole where the connections get tapped prior to coming into the house and not draining correctly.

Will see how this progresses.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for the update cra2y80y, let us know how things go!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team