cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre connection constantly drops

guyt79

Fibre connection constantly drops

I am using an Asus DSL-AC68U as my router and it seems to randomly drop the connection.
My settings are the ones recommended (attached) and it works (38mbs sync speed) but every so often I get the connection terminated and the plus net side of things refuses to let it reconnect.

The odd thing is if I connect the plus net one router it reconnected just fine. I can even switch in my asus and the whole cycle repeats.

This is a new thing...previously it was working just fine.

Is this a new thing? Do plus net no longer allow 3rd party routers?
2 REPLIES 2
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: Fibre connection constantly drops

Hi @guyt79, sorry to hear you're having broadband issues.

I've had a check of the connection and there definitely seems to be something out of place somewhere as we can see the disconnections from this end.

Our tests aren't picking up exactly what's causing the issue so we will have to do some troubleshooting to start ruling things out.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here

If the problem still persists from here we will go down the route of raising a fault, please click here and let us know once you've done the checks and raised the fault so we can progress it for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Fibre connection constantly drops

If the problem only occurs with the Asus DSL-AC68U, I can't imagine what raising a fault with Plusnet will achieve. Apparently the DSL-AC68U has a terrible modem, and has not been through Openreach's Modem Conformance Testing so strictly speaking it shouldn't be used by anyone.