cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre connection DL speed dropped from 40Mbps to 1.6Mbps

Acoden

Fibre connection DL speed dropped from 40Mbps to 1.6Mbps

Hi
As per the subject, my connection DL speed has dropped to a maximum of 1.6Mbps. It never gets higher than this with the testing I have done.
I've jumped through all the hoops that they ask to make sure it's not a simple issue at my end as well. (Try testing it from a wired ethernet client etc)
Whats really disapointing is that I reported it to plusnet 5 days ago, 9th Jan at 11.30 am, and still don't have any technical response to the issue.
I did the online chat on Tuesday with support and was assured that they were aware of the issue and would get back to me.
Are they really busy or something? Iv'e been a customer for many years now and support has always been fine, but this time I have been completely ignored for 5 days and counting

5 REPLIES 5
Acoden

Re: Fibre connection DL speed dropped from 40Mbps to 1.6Mbps

Bt speedtest attached
bigwest
Dabbler

Hi, I had a similar issues few days back where no speed tests would go over 15Mb, my Plusnet IP profile was the issue. Log in to the plusnet member centre then go to this link https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
What does it say the current line speed is ?
Acoden

Current line speed 1.7Mpbs  Sad
bigwest
Dabbler

Sounds similar to my issue then. phoned plusnet and they made a change on the line. my line re-synced and that page now shows 40Mb for me.
Acoden

I though I would have another try at contacting plusnet there
Online chat - currently unavailable
Phone service  - due to high demand, call wating times are currently approaching 1 hour
6 days now without any response at all.