cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre connected tommorow

Psalliss
Grafter

Fibre connected tommorow

Fibre is due to be connected tommorow with afternoon engineer visit. I already have broadband with a filtered socket fitted so will the engineer actually come to the address and do anything or just bring the modem? Also I've bought s bt hub 5 off someone on here as I don't want the modem and seperate router combo. Would the engineer connect it up with the hub rather than modem and router
Thanks
Phil
8 REPLIES 8
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Fibre connected tommorow

The engineer should visit and connect everything up (normally the modem) and verify that everything is working. I'm sure he'll install your own modem if you ask him nicely.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Psalliss
Grafter

Cool thanks save a lot of faffing with unplugging multiple cables at back of tv whereas is use hub 5 from off just need to uno,if sky one and plus in new one. Thank you
Psalliss
Grafter

All connected and working nicely with hub5 at 36 ish via wifi. So all good.
Joshc
Grafter

Good evening,
I am glad you have things sorted.
I like the hh5 thinking of using one myself.
Smiley
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I like the hh5 thinking of using one myself.

But what's wrong with the excellent PN supplied router, Joshua???  Roll_eyes
Psalliss
Grafter

Can't commemt on supplied router as never connected it went straight to hub 5 which was easy and quick to setup. Do slightly wish I'd ordered faster. Didn't at time as was under impression could only get 43 but another check suggests I could get around 70.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi Psalliss
I'm glad your Hub 5 arrived and works okay.
You get 70mb if you take up the Fibre Extra package, I'm assuming you have Unlimited Fibre which gets you 40mb.
Did PN supply you the latest router or the older router?
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Psalliss
Grafter

Thanks ne. I think it's latest router but not sure.yes got unlimited fibre as when ordered it said fibre extra was available but expected speed was only 43 so didn't seem to make sense to pay all the extra money. But a different provider states can get 76