cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre cancelled on simultaneous order.

mikehlondon

Fibre cancelled on simultaneous order.

So I ordered Fibre and Broadband a week ago, was told two weeks for install - Monday the 2nd.
I decide to check on the Order tracker today, only to see the Fibre order is 'Still progressing' - What the hell?
So I jump on Livechat to be told that the Fibre order has been cancelled by BT (apparently because of no phoneline).

So what's the deal here, I'm told I'll be updated tomorrow, but why has it been up to me to flag this problem up?
What are the chances of getting my broadband activated on the same day? From searching around the internet, it looks like I could potentially be left unable to order Fibre until the phone line is live, which could then be several weeks - is that a likely scenario?
14 REPLIES 14
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Fibre cancelled on simultaneous order.

I'm not sure why that is - they should have been able to do a simultaneous provide I think.
DCT need to clarify whether the order was placed correctly their end.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi mikehlondon,
Was the service actually cancelled by BT? To clarify on Andy's point, the order was placed correctly on our side.
I've arranged for a colleague to call you shortly, we'll try and match the dates up together.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
mikehlondon

Dealt with brilliantly this morning, I'm assured the phone won't switch over until the FTTC date.
mikehlondon

So the plot thickens.
I've just been informed that the order has been cancelled again, this time with a reason that the flat is EO.
Now, when I first moved in, I assumed that was the case, too, as the DSL Checker didn't say a cabinet number and FTTC wasn't listed as available. (http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome)
The DSL Checker now says I'm connected to a cabinet just a few meters from my house and the building management company stated a little while ago that BT were planning on moving the buildings lines to a PCP.
Can someone in the know advise whether it's likely that the line has been moved, but BT just has the wrong information on one of their systems somewhere.
WWWombat
Grafter

I'd guess it is more likely that the lines have moved, and the information has not been fully updated. That seems much more likely than the alternative - that BT have just spuriously updated their database.
Rearrangement of copper is indeed something BT are doing as part of their BDUK plans, so it is certainly possible that they've moved the lines to a PCP; the PCP itself might have been upgraded commercially or as part of the same BDUK project.
When this happens, the back-office systems should be updated automatically - and I have seen this happen to some properties, while getting re-arranged to a new (closer) PCP for FTTRN trials.
However, it looks like there are a few parts to the system, and they need to be consistent ... which doesn't always happen. When you use the checker with a phone number, do you get the same results as when using the full address checker? (not the postcode checker, though)
On moving forward:
I am going through a problem with upgrade to fibre because those same back-office systems in Openreach have me down with the wrong PCP ... causing the job to allocate a port in the wrong DSLAM. The attending engineers can do nothing until the database gets updated ... and this is something of a nightmare. It is beyond the normal ability level of the average customer support staff on the phone.
The best I can suggest is that you get a single point of contact within Plusnet dealing with your issue - so you don't have to explain the problem over and over again. Hopefully they can then do (or keep track of) the additional work to deal with BTW that this kind of issue needs - but don't expect it to be fast.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
mikehlondon

On your problem with your line being assigned to the wrong PCP, I have had exactly the same issue before with a customer.
I had three visits before a Kelly's engineer went down and verified which cabinet the line was terminated in and was very insistent in talking to the control centre in getting the details updated.
It still required booking of a further appointment, but sure enough, on the next appointment, the port was assigned at the right cabinet.

On my issue, I've yet to have any feedback from Plusnet, so I've no idea if they are even taking it seriously.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I've just been reading through the ticket and I'm sorry to see that this has happened. Rather than picking this up myself, I've arranged for a colleague in our provisioning team to try and get this sorted for you. I have my ideas about how they should go forward, but they are the provisioning experts, so I will hand over to them.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
mikehlondon

Quote from: plusnettony
I've just been reading through the ticket and I'm sorry to see that this has happened. Rather than picking this up myself, I've arranged for a colleague in our provisioning team to try and get this sorted for you. I have my ideas about how they should go forward, but they are the provisioning experts, so I will hand over to them.

Thank you. Do you think it's something that can be sorted without too much hassle?
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'm hoping it's a simple case of correcting a BT reference, then ordering again. I should have more for you tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
mikehlondon

Quote from: plusnettony
I'm hoping it's a simple case of correcting a BT reference, then ordering again. I should have more for you tomorrow.

Wonderful, will you colleague be keeping me updated?
It would be nice to know what's going on and timescales - right now I'm concerned my current ISP may cancel my service, to re-establish the service is now going to require a renewal of contract (12 months!!).
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Someone should be. I want someone to take personal ownership of this because of the problems and delays that you've had. I don't have confirmation of when everything will go through yet.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Thanks for speaking on the phone with me there.
Right, this one had me stumped for a bit so we're trying something new. I'll elaborate for the interest of everyone else on the forum.
Whenever we place an order for you, we are getting a rejection message advising that your are in an exchange only location, meaning that your broadband doesn't have a fibre enabled cabinet that it feeds to. It just goes straight through to the exchange.
My suspicion is that the existing line is an old exchange only one, but the property (and the rest of your block of flats) are now updated and reflect at cabinet 24. How do we resolve this? Bit pricey, but I'm going to try and arrange for a new line to be installed at your property using one of the 58 spare pairs that are available. Part of me hopes that the order goes into some sort of delayed state so I know that someone is taking a look at it  Roll_eyes
I don't think it's a records issue, I genuinely think it's something physical. Anyway I hope this works, and I'll keep you posted.
Matty

@mikehlondon - Ticket: 98013980 refers.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
mikehlondon

I'll update the support ticket as well, but I've just had a new notification from my old provider that my old service will switch to a new provider on 09/02.
I previously had the same message (With the original install date of 02/02) when I first ordered, too - so it appears to be an automated message.
Is this expected? Have you found a way without ordering a new line? Smiley
mikehlondon

It would seem this has now failed.
It seems incredibly odd that the DSL Checker has gone from saying I was EO to being on a cabinet, as well as BT telling our building management they were going to be moving lines to a PCP in 2014, only for the ordering process to fail because it things it's EO.
It's mad that there is no way to ask a real person at BTOR to look at whether it's a database problem or not.
For now, I shall try and pursue it via contacts of contacts and see how far I can get.