cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre cables

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Fibre cables

We are 1 mile out of the village and receive around 15-17mb fibre downloads. Uploads didn't move, they are still a tiny 0.5mb. We're in Rutland so we are supposed to be getting "superfast" based on the BT grants.

Around 18 months ago BT laid Fibre cables 1 mile up our road making a right mess, but all looked promising. The cables are still sticking out the ground, never connected underground.

Is this a future plan...if so, what year in the future?

It would be nice to get somewhere near the speeds others get for the same money.

3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Fibre cables

Any known future plans will be here https://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/when-can-i-get-fibre.aspx , just enter your full phone number.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

@SpendLessTime Thank you for that link! I checked and infact it says FTTP enabled, accepting orders. Maybe they recently connected the cables, I'll have to have another look!

I'm guessing FTTP is a different service and we'll have to pay more now to get the speeds others get on FTTC. I'll check it out though.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

There is a complete list of all FTTP providers at Openreach Ultrafast fibre suppliers which gives links to all the suppliers sites.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT