Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre by telegraph poles

FIXED
grahamt
Rising Star

Re: Fibre by telegraph poles

Rather than providing fibre-to-the-premises, isn't it more likely that the new 'fibre pole' will be for the new G.FAST-standard fibre-to-the-pole (or manhole) that BT's been trialling over the last year? Here's a relatively recent article about it (there are probably better ones out there):

http://arstechnica.co.uk/information-technology/2016/01/bt-reveals-300mbps-g-fast-trial-routers-some...

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

@wncfc1 Looks like Kiveton Park is getting done soon.

roadworks.org has gone crazy today

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
wncfc
Grafter

o you have any new info on this.  According to http://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/when-can-i-get-fibre.aspx our exchange is now fibre enabled, but no information on the nearby cabinet.  There are no signs of the poles being erected either.

When I put in my daughter's address, which is fairly near the exchange, it comes up with:

Your fibre service is connected from this exchange.

Exchange name: Kiveton
Exchange status: Fibre enabled

Technology: Pending - EO Line

What does EO Line mean?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@wncfc As far as I'm aware every cabinet bar 2 ,5 and 6 are now fibre enabled as most of them looked quite simple installs. (I had fun watching them near the train station whilst waiting to get here one week)

EO line basically means she'll be connected directly to the exchange rather then through a cabinet.

I'm in the same boat unfortunately so we'll both be towards the end of the year I'd imagine.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

EO - Exchange Only which simply means that your phone line goes direct to the exchange and isn't connected via a street cabinet. In out village most of the phones are EO so they built a cabinet outside the exchange when they installed fibre, as it was the easiest option over FTTP.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@wncfc Looks like you will be getting FTTP after all

"Your area is currently in our plans to be upgraded with Fibre to the Premises (FTTP), however we follow a different design and build process for FTTP so you won't see updates at each stage. When you are able to place orders you will see the Accepting Orders message. In some instances our FTTP plans change. If this happens you will move though the journey stages normally."

Nothing for me yet though Sad

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
wncfc
Grafter

Thanks for that Matthew.  Good news - I think!!!!   Superfast South Yorkshire is still showing July - Sept as my status but no sign of any work being done yet.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Should hopefully start ramping up this month.

Any houses up for rent or sale around you? Grin

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
wncfc
Grafter

Well