cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre buffering and Xbox one x disconnects

Erebusmace

Fibre buffering and Xbox one x disconnects

I have recently moved house and am getting regular buffering issues when streaming videos over WiFi on Facebook and also ea server disconnects on Fifa 19 Xbox one x.
For the Xbox problem I have been through all there diagnostics and they tell me all is good and no reason so to contact you.
I have Port forwarding and all router allowances for gaming.
Can you help? I never had this before. My connection is steady and as expected.
9 REPLIES 9
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Fibre buffering and Xbox one x disconnects

@Erebusmace,

To rule out that it was the connection itself causing a problem I've run tests on the line and everything has come back good. The speed is consistent and the connection stable, and I assume you have some wired devices and are able to see this from your side?

This means that the only factor in the issue is the environment change that the router and the wireless has been subjected to. Now initially I'd suggest firstly downloading an app the analyse other devices in the area that could be causing some kind of interference, unfortunately I don't believe Apple devices will allow you to do this, but if you have a Microsoft PC something similar to this (I've never used this so I don't know how good it is), or on Google Play I've personally had a good experience with this app on my phone. 

You're looking for something similar to this (taken in the office this morning) and it indicates to make sure that the 'smart' wireless on the router isn't auto connecting to any of those red channels because if it is it's likely going to cause a problem. So I'd check that, and then manually change the channel to one of the suggested ones. 

vultura
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@JOLO wrote:

This means that the only factor in the issue is the environment change that the router and the wireless has been subjected to. Now initially I'd suggest firstly downloading an app the analyse other devices in the area that could be causing some kind of interference, unfortunately I don't believe Apple devices will allow you to do this, but if you have a Microsoft PC something similar to this (I've never used this so I don't know how good it is), or on Google Play I've personally had a good experience with this app on my phone. 

I was recently recommended an Open Source app that does the same thing in terms of a star rating for each channel, it also tells you how many access points it finds using each one.  There are graphs and other technical looking pages, which I don't think most people will ever need.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vrem.wifianalyzer&hl=en_GB

Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.
Erebusmace

I ran ultimate trace online and ea said all looked good.
Erebusmace

So I have ran a WiFi analyser as well. See attached.
Any chance you can also check if there is anything you can do with regards to my connection to the EA server (http://easo.ea.com).
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Erebusmace 

As the issue you are experiencing seems to be isolated to one specific connection (Xbox One X - EA Servers) we have little diagnostic assistance which may be able to shed more light on this, I'm afraid. I have, however been able to find this article  on the EA forums which was classed as a "Fix" by a user who was experiencing issues akin to yours. 

Can  you let us know if it helps at all? 

Thanks, 

MoR

Erebusmace

I have spoken to ea and done all of there tests and they told me to contact my isp and ask the above.
They can’t see any reason at there end and it appears you can’t either.
As I previously stated the issue is not just with the Xbox connection I also have a problem with Facebook video streaming where the video plays and then stops and I have to disconnect the WiFi and use 4g to play the video. Can you help with that.
I have now switched from auto channel to a fixed channel after analysis and chosen the best one
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Erebusmace

Thanks for coming back to us. In all honesty, I don't think there's a great deal more that we can suggest in terms of the EA server issue - it's possible it's linked to the wifi issue you've highlighted but unlikely if all other devices operate effectively (apart from the video aspect you've highlighted).

Could you go ahead and stream some video now that you've selected a specific wifi channel and see if that makes a difference? Have you also tried splitting out the wifi frequencies as per the article here?

Best wishes

Dave

Erebusmace

EA have told me it is a ping issue. See attached trace.
My router is 1m from Xbox. Phone even closer at times. It appears ea blames Plusnet and vice versa.

Did not have this issue before I moved house with new connection and router
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Erebusmace 

Can you try wiring up the device and checking if your ping issues continue

Coming from a gaming background myself I can't stress enough how gaming (unlike streaming that can buffer ahead or browsing that can load bits at a time) needs a constant connection so it can transfer small packets of data forward and back updating the game/server as to what actions your doing. This meaning wireless (which can be interfered by a huge number of things) isn't ideal for gaming and I'd always suggest a wired connection over Ethernet cable for a solid constant connection. If a trailing Ethernet cable isn't ideal, i'd suggesting looking into power line adapters as they use a houses electric wiring to transfer a much more solid signal.

We also offer Static IPs at a one of charge of £5 which may also help in this matter.

Thanks,

MoR