Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband wifi dropping out

leaway11
Dabbler

Fibre broadband wifi dropping out

On 75M full fibre to the home service

Help recently (last couple of weeks) my wifi continues to have problems with having no internet connection and iphone lose internet. Most of the time the Lan connections still work?

I have tried the following after searching the forums but still i have intermittent wifi loss.

Rebooted hub endless times

Left hub switched off over night (one forum mentioned leaving off for over 65 minutes)

Removed safe guard activation

Returned wifi back to default setting (i did have the 2.5 and 5 G merged)

Tried automatic channels and selected wifi channels

It appears to work for a few hours or a day and then suddenly drops out sometimes it comes back over night other times a reboot re-enables

Any views / advice

7 REPLIES 7
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Fibre broadband wifi dropping out

Hi @leaway11,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing intermittent connection drops and for any inconvenience that this is causing you.

I can see from your connection log that the connection has been dropping but testing your line hasn't picked up the cause of this:

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEUXXXXXXXX

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTP_SERVICE_0000
Description No Fault in FTTP Service
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status Up
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N

As it's fibre to the premises, there's not much to check on your side but please can you make sure that all the cables are inserted correctly and then reboot the router and the ONT (the Openreach box that's connected to the router.)

If the issue persists after this, please report it here and let us know when you've completed it - we'll then be able to progress things further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
leaway11
Dabbler

So 4 days after reporting the fault and continuing to lose wifi to all home devices affecting TV's, work laptop and mobiles we are still getting wifi drop out. I have tried all the options on the community and i advised this to plusnet when calling to report the fault.

Tried :- wifi back to default, undualling , dualing bands, renaming the wifi channels, , setting them to smart wifi channels, etc etc.

So plusnet call say yes service looks good its been up for 4 days now and suggest wifi interference? We haven't changed anything in the home so where has this interference come from? out nearest neighbour is 1 mile away?

Plusnet you are not doing me proud. Sad

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @leaway11

Thanks for getting in touch.

I can see that my colleague has picked up your open fault ticket here and agreed to provide a replacement router to try and narrow this down for you.

Could you please let us know how you get on when this arrives?

Best wishes

Dave

leaway11
Dabbler

Hi replacement router arrived friday, installed saturday.

Seemed to be working fine , left everything as default except renamed the 5G Wifi (as per forums) and unsynced 2.4/5G.

Worked fine for most of sat / sun but last night (1850ish) i had to re-boot the hub when all wifi wouldn't work.  Still had LAN but no internet on Wifi on any device. Only way to get it back was a reboot.

Its since happened against today (around 1315ish) again no internet via WIFI. I did have internet accessable and fully working on the work laptop connected via VPN.

Having another search around i have since found this post and wondered if my issue was the same?

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Plusnet-aware-of-issue-affecting-Hub-one-router-routing/m-p/...

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That's unusual how the same issue has happened with a new router. Could you try factory resetting it to see if that makes a difference? 

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/ 

Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
leaway11
Dabbler

Will try a factory reset tonight.  Should i leave the wifi 2.4/5G sync'd for the moment and leave channels as Auto?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @leaway11, I'd try leaving them as default and seeing how it goes, if still an issue then you can try separating the 2.4 and 5 again.

Just out of curiosity, do you have a Kindle connected to the router at all?

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team