cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband today?

Toffeecreme

Fibre broadband today?

So I know it’s only just 11am, but today is the day I finally get fibre broadband!... but have yet to receive the confirmation email of it being switched over. I’m sure I was told I could plug in the new router any time from midnight on the day, but as yet no increase in any speed at all. Am I being too keen or might there be an issue?
Tia
4 REPLIES 4
Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Fibre broadband today?

Hi there,

It can take up to midnight for it to kick in, but on the day mine went live it was about 5.30pm-ish.  Thumbs_Up

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hello there and welcome to the community forums.

I'm sorry to say but our suppliers have delayed your upgrade due to engineer availability in your area. Apologies that this wasn't communicated out to you.

Your safe is plug your new router in now and when the change happens on the new date of the 3rd November, you should be on fibre automatically.

You'll receive an automated email in the early hours of the morning, but the actual work should be completed at some point during the daytime.

Sorry for any disappointment caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Toffeecreme

Thank you for your reply. I am not going to lie that I am slightly annoyed at not being informed of this delay, as I have been inconvenienced twice, firstly being informed that I would not have to remain at home for the delivery of the router as it fits through the letter box, when in fact it does not fit through my standard sized letter box and had to drive into town on my only day off to pick it up, and now having to enquire myself about a service I was promised, however I do understand the constraints when unable to provide the required staff, I am assuming that because of this delay I will not be charged for the package change until it is actually upgraded on the 3rd November.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Many apologies for the inconvenience caused and for the lack of comms.

I will not be charged for the package change until it is actually upgraded on the 3rd November.

That's correct.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet