Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband supposed to be available from today but no connection

FIXED
rhymingjerry
Hooked

Fibre broadband supposed to be available from today but no connection

Hello,

Can someone please look at this? I switched from BT, my BT service was terminated overnight and I had an email from Plusnet at 5am today saying my new service was available. I plugged my new Plusnet router in this morning and have had an orange light and flashing red broadband light all day.

I have read other topics and it appears there needs to be some sort of manual activation by Plusnet.

I would appreciate some support, I work from home and can't afford another day without internet.

15 REPLIES 15
DNK

Re: Fibre broadband supposed to be available from today but no connection

Me too. My router won't connect to the internet. It keeps turning orange. Plusnet won't answer their phones. I hung on for over an hour and just canned muzak invading my ears. Customer service is rubbish. No email address either. I may switch to a more reliable provider.
rhymingjerry
Hooked

Is anybody going to look at this? Plusnet's live chat is offline and I cannot get through on the phone.

@Buttercup can you help? 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@rhymingjerry , @DNK 

Be aware that it can take up until midnight on the 'go live' day until all the back up records etc are updated and the broadband comes on.

P.s. A tip if you are moving from BT and still have your Smarthub then hang on to it. Many of us use them as they are better than Plusnet's offering. Once you know that your new connection is working it's worth swapping over. See here for setting instructions  https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

rhymingjerry
Hooked

@Baldrick1  thanks for your comment and the tip on the router. My go live date was yesterday 28/09/20, with an email received at 5am saying the service was ready, so even allowing for a grace period till midnight (which no previous supplier has required) this is now way past the time I should be receiving the service I am paying for.

Can somebody from Plusnet please support? It is absolutely ridiculous I am directed to these forums and Twitter for assistance.

rhymingjerry
Hooked

@Gandalf  thanks for your help, I can see a question has now been raised on my account but in the meantime I was on the phone having managed to speak to somebody on 0800 432 0200. I was passed to the provisioning team and the tech team who had me go through factory resets, bypassing the master socket faceplate etc. before saying they saw your note on the account, shifting the blame to OpenReach and telling me I have to wait until tomorrow or the next day for an update when Plusnet hear from OpenReach.

Going by the state of these forums, Plusnet and OpenReach are making it as difficult as possible for people to switch broadband providers. How can there be such a discrepancy in my contract start period and the termination of my old broadband supply when this is all coordinated by Plusnet? It is ridiculous to leave your customers without broadband for 1, 2, 3, maybe many more days.

I have put a separate broadband switch through for my mother which is due to take place next week and fully expect her to have the same rigmarole.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for getting back to me @rhymingjerry from here.

I'm sorry to see you feel I've blamed our suppliers by raising a fault to Openreach. While I appreciate you've bought a service from Plusnet, realistically if you've carried out the checks we've asked this would likely either be a problem at the cabinet (the green box in the road) or a build problem, which can only be investigated by an engineer.

I apologise again for the issues and that your service hadn't worked immediately following your order completing and the downtime you're experiencing. Once we've got the engineer's report back we should know what the problem was. 

Once you're up and running we'll be happy to provide a refund to cover the time you've paid for a service you've not had and I'll also be happy to discuss a gesture of goodwill with you for the inconvenience this causes. 

As a side note, personally I'd say that the majority of orders go through without any issues.

Having said that, I recognise that it doesn't help those who do have issues the difficulties with contacting us though. We're aware of this and we're doing our best to try to ensure as many people as possible have a seamless switchover and working to keep our wait times down to a minimum consistently.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Nick001
Grafter

@Gandalf. My home move transfer was supposed to be ready from todays date. Obviously this hasn't happened as the openreach engineer was meant to arrive yesterday between 8-1 to fit a phone line but never showed up.

Its a tad urgent as im now living with two adults that require internet to work from home and there isnt any on the day promised before we moved. Can it be followed up? thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting in touch @Nick001 I'm sorry to see the engineer didn't turn up.

Unfortunately the appointment wasn't ever confirmed with Openreach as the order's stuck with their network records team to update the order following their planning team working out a route the line will take.

The order didn't immediately get confirmed as they normally do due to the line being faulty back from the exchange, but that looks to be resolved now. I've chased this up with our suppliers and the adviser's escalating this with the network records team and we should know more within the next 24-48 hours.

I'll check back tomorrow and I'll call you as soon as we have an update.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused and we didn't notify you beforehand the engineer wouldn't go out.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
fboschetty

@Gandalf Hi, i've been having similar problems. I was meant to have an open-reach engineer round today 1-5pm to sort out my broadband but no one turned up. I've had messages from plusnet and openreach confirming the appointment, and nothing to suggest it wouldn't go ahead. Bit of a joke as i've had to take time off work to ensure that this would happen.

Nick001
Grafter

@Gandalf. Thankyou for getting back to me so quick and the update. Hopefully have some news for me today 🤞
rhymingjerry
Hooked

The Openreach engineer visited this morning as arranged and switched my connection a new port in the cabinet so I now have broadband service. Thank you @Gandalf .

Nick001
Grafter

@Gandalf

Just wanted to follow up after you helped me last week.
3rd party Engineer working on behalf of openreach arrived this morning fitted the line outside. But said the line in the cabinet was disconnected and he said he was not allowed access to the cabinet to connect the house up, and that he would have to pass that particular job to the underground team from openreach? Also that would need a new appointment for the engineer to go to the cabinet to connect the house up.
Said it could be 24 hrs or upto a week. Is there any information or update to this. Would like it to be done asap and is nearly 10 days after the switch date as it is.
As its hindering income to the household now.

Kind Regards
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update @Nick001 

I've checked the additional work that's needed to be done with our suppliers just now and I'm advised that this has been passed to a multi-skilled engineer who should be going out within the next 2 working days, depending on engineer availability in the area for this type of work to be carried out. 

I'll check back on Tuesday next week but if we receive updates before then I'll let you know. If you hear anything sooner feel free to drop a reply onto the support ticket on your account Here in case I miss a tag on the forums.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Nick001
Grafter

Thankyou @Gandalf for the quick reply, update and help. Glad to see it is in hand already. Engineer was as helpful as he could be today.
Theres loads around here from what ive witnessed today 😂.

Small extra question as i have been without internet since the 28th can i expect that time lost to be rebated into my next bill?