Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband speed

Liam2485
Dabbler

Fibre broadband speed

Hi,

I recently switched from Talktalk to Plusnet (working line takeover) and my service went live on Wednesday 19th June 2019. I am on the "Unlimited Fibre Extra" package but my download speeds are slower than expected. With Talktalk I was averaging 40-43 mb/s download speeds but with Plusnet I barely hit 30mb/s, the average is 25-28 mb/s. I should note these tests were carried out on a wired connection. I have attached a screenshot of the "BT Broadband Availability Checker" to assist with troubleshooting. 

Please can you check if I am on the correct profile to receive the full benefit of the "Unlimited Fibre Extra" package? 

Thanks,

Liam

29 REPLIES 29
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Fibre broadband speed

Thanks for getting in touch @Liam2485

I'm sorry to hear that your speeds have dropped.

We've tested your line and we can't see any causes for this but your speeds should now be around the 36mbps mark.

I'm afraid we can't raise this for further investigation as your line has only just recently gone active but if they haven't increased after 10 days let us know

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Liam2485
Dabbler

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for the quick reply, I will keep an eye on my speeds over the next 10 days. 

Thanks,

Liam

Liam2485
Dabbler

Hi @MatthewWheeler,

My speeds have improved over the past 10 days. On average I get 38-40 down and 6-7 up. I am curious to know if I am actually benefiting from the Unlimited Fibre Extra package or would It be better for me to be on the Unlimited Fibre package?

Thanks,

Liam 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Liam, having looked at the estimates for your line that would be a sensible thing to do. 

You should be able to request a package change on our website here: https://www.plus.net/member-centre/product-change

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Liam2485
Dabbler

Hi @adamwalker,

Thanks for your reply. Will I still be able get a good fixed price deal if I was to change my package from Unlimited Fibre Extra to Unlimited Fibre? I only recently signed up for Unlimited Fibre Extra and I am surprised Plusnet's system allowed me to proceed given my line estimates...

EDIT: I followed the link you have provided but I am not presented with the option to change my package to Unlimited Fibre.

Thanks,

Liam

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hmmm, I didn't expect that link not to work. 

If you want to go ahead it might be an idea for me to get that arranged for you and yes, we'd retain any pre-existing discounts as part of the offer you took up.

If the estimates are below the minimum for fibre extra you shouldn't be offered that as an option, however if they were slightly above you would be given the option to take the higher offer. 

I've added a ticket to your account for you to reply back to and authorise me changing the account over: 

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=191938711

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Liam2485
Dabbler

Hi @adamwalker,

I can see the ticket on my account but I have some questions I hope you can answer before I make my decision. With this said, please can I private message you?

Thanks,

Liam 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sure, feel free to PM me or update the ticket with your questions. It would be best to drop a reply back here afterwards just to notify me to look at it. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Liam2485
Dabbler

Hi @adamwalker,

I have just sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Liam

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers Liam, I've just sent you a reply. 

Adam 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Liam2485
Dabbler

Hi @adamwalker,

I have just sent you another PM, please can you respond to me.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No probs Liam, I've just replied. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Liam2485
Dabbler

Hi @adamwalker,

I have read your PM and I will respond to your ticket with my authorisation to proceed with the package change, please can you let me know when this has been done?

Thanks for your support on this,

Liam

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers Liam, I've just popped an update on to the ticket for you. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team