cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband - slow speeds

duncum
Dabbler

Fibre broadband - slow speeds

I notice that I am having problems with low speeds. Opening web pages are very slow and down loading e-mails. Could some please check if all ok. Just carried out speed test only seeing 7 Mbps downloads

Problem not fixed just tried to add BT speed test results today still showing 7 Mbps downloads

12 REPLIES 12
duncum
Dabbler

Re: Fibre broadband - slow speeds

BT Speed Test Results

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's not dropping out a lot and the sync speeds are good. Everything on our side is set correctly too.

Testing the line is reporting an issue though, I can see you've reported a fault. We'll get that picked up asap.

Test Outcome Fail
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_1624
Description Impairment in copper joint detected most likely close to customer premises. Please continue to submit a trouble report.
Main Fault Location CA
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 66.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
duncum
Dabbler

Thanks, All I need is BT engineer to look at the line speed has been bad since Saturday, maybe I can get a refund/credit on the lack of service from CS

Chris
Legend

Speed issues aren't something we generally refund for as the service is still working, albeit at a slower speed. Lets get the fault sorted and then see how long it took, we can look at a gesture of goodwill if applicable at that point.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
duncum
Dabbler

Do you have a time frame when the fault can be looked at by the engineer and repaired?

Thanks

Simon

duncum
Dabbler

Hi, Can you please update me when I can expect the fault on my line to be repaired?

Thanks

Simon

Chris
Legend

We're going to need to book an appointment, if you can reply to the fault ticket here with your availability I'll get that booked in and confirmed asap.

duncum
Dabbler

Hi Chris,

I rebooted the system and just check the line and all is working ok!!

So need to book a engineer at present, I will keep a eye on the line speed

Thanks

Chris
Legend

No problem, I'll pass the fault ticket back to you and it'll remain open for 14 days to allow you to monitor, If you have any problems just reply to it and we'll pick it up.

Chris
Legend

Ignore the above, I can see you've closed the fault off.

duncum
Dabbler

I forgot that I could leave the ticket open for 14 days, If the fault occurs again I will raise a new ticket.

Thanks again