cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband - slow speeds

Haylhoo
Dabbler

Fibre broadband - slow speeds

I was connected a couple of months back. Now I'm checking my speeds at various times of the day and only getting between 12-14mbps download and 2-3mbps upload speeds. What's happening?

17 REPLIES 17
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Fibre broadband - slow speeds

Hello there and welcome to the Forums. Having looked into your account it appears your speed issue is caused by your speed profile dropping too low by automation. I've manually corrected this now. If you reboot your router and re test you should see a higher speed.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Haylhoo
Dabbler

Thanks, but I've just retested and it's still as bad. I was getting good speeds with my previous supplier and I think for a time when I first joined you, so don't think the issue is my end as nothing's been changed.

What now?

Haylhoo
Dabbler

This gives you an idea... 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

xDSL Status Summary

Circuit Sync Status

: In Sync

Downstream Line Rate

: 0.0

Upstream Line Rate

: 2.0

Test Outcome: Fail

Description: Service found to be affected by existing network event.

Expected Close Date and Time: 23/07/2016 09:00:00

Your service appears to be affected by a known issue that Openreach are working to resolve. If you are still experiencing a speed issue by tomorrow afternoon I would recommend running through our broadband trouble shooter at http://faults.plus.net where you can raise this to us if you need to.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Haylhoo
Dabbler

I've reported the issue and been through trouble shooting but still my speeds haven't increased. Getting quite frustrated now

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

We may have to look at booking another engineer.

From checking your account you reported issues with your phone line as well?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Haylhoo
Dabbler

I wasn't aware that an engineer had been out previously? No one has come to my property.

With the line, the question was whether there was any noise on the line. I said yes as there is a feignt crackle but I'm not sure whether this is actually classes as noise on the line. It's never been a problem until now with any previous suppliers of which there's been two others in the last three months, only since I joined plusnet.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm not sure why Matthew said another engineer, there hasn't been a fault reported for one to come out from previously.

Can you run a BT Speedtest for me, ensuring you do the further diagnostics test after the first one completes. This stores the results on the supplier system and allows us to use this to report the fault.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Haylhoo
Dabbler

Sorry for the delay in replying. I don't have a device that I can connect via Ethernet. I really don't understand why these issues have only arisen since I moved to plusnet, my speeds were great until I left my previous provider as you can see from my screen shots about. I just want something done so I get the service i am paying and contracted for.

Haylhoo
Dabbler

Any update r.e. my latest reply please Plusnet?

Haylhoo
Dabbler

Hoping for a reply from Plusnet...

I'll just link my previous thread to which I'm not getting replies. Please get back to me asap, getting very frustrated now and wish I'd taken my business elsewhere

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Fibre-broadband-slow-speeds/m-p/1360393/highlight/fals...

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Hoping for a reply from Plusnet...

But it seems you have never reported a fault as you were requested to in your other thread. This logs the fault on the system with info that the technical dept can work with 

B

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Haylhoo
Dabbler

I did because I got a reply by email from PN, and as I've said in my other thread I'm unable to carry out what they asked as I don't have a device that connects via Ethernet to do the speed test they are asking for. But as you can see, no one got back to me. I don't have time for doing the job of a company that should be providing a service, which is at least as good as the service i was receiving previously from my last provider, which worked perfectly on the same new router well until I moved to PN. Can't wait until my contract ends, first time I've ever had any internet provider issues with any provider. Just a quick scan of the comments on this forum shows that I'm not alone, it's shocking, about time something was done!

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It's not Plusnet that insist on the speed test - it's "their supplier" (BT Wholesale/OpenReach).

If a ticket is returned to you requesting more information or tests for you to perform and you don't reply in 14 days it is automatically closed (if they didn't do that they'd have many, many thousands of open faults where a user had a transient problem and didn't tell Plusnet the issue had gone away).

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)