cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband prices gone up but speed gone down.

wrexham01
Dabbler

Fibre broadband prices gone up but speed gone down.

Well what can you say i have fibre broadband and having speeds of 33/14 before the recent price increases then suddenly due to the upload speed going to ten iam now getting 15/6 and a very poor service,i complained two months ago and the next day my service hit 54 i was very very happy, within 24 hrs i was back to 15,i have tried three times getting in touch via phone but an hour is enough for anyone on the phone,before you say it i have done all my cable and speed checks but still no change,is it the plusnet rip off and now you have not got any way to complain,surely i could cancel my contract with no penalties as iam not getting the service i require,is there anyone from plusnet even interested.

8 REPLIES 8
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Fibre broadband prices gone up but speed gone down.

Sorry that you're having issues with your connection. I've taken a look over the account and I would advise you to get this reported to us as a fault for further investigation.

I'd advise getting this reported to us as a fault at https://faults.plus.net

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
wrexham01
Dabbler

Well as stated i was getting a decent service for the last 12 months but as soon as the prices went up my service went to less than 15/21 upload speed,iam sick and tired of spending hours on the phone and having 20 people in front of me on the online chat,if nothing is done ill just complain on hear daily till my problem is rectified

Chris
Legend

I'm not sure why you need to call in or wait on chat? If you use the link I provided this allows you to report the fault directly, if you can ensure you fully complete this (I can see you started it) we'll get that picked up.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
wrexham01
Dabbler

Well your right on that one,but do you think it is right that it can take 90 minutes to get though on the phone to plusnet and you can wait for an hour on the online chat,it looks if plusnet are trying to save money on call staff and cutting back on the service that we are paying for(price up three pound in june for a service which was roughly 33/14 which is now 21/6)Would you be happy with that service mr moderator?

Chris
Legend

I do appreciate the wait times are frustrating.

We've offered to investigate the speed problems you're seeing, have you reported the fault?

wrexham01
Dabbler

Yes the report was reported thankyou.

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Point of order!

Chris is a member of staff and in a position to help sort your problem, but he is not a moderator. These forums are moderated by customers. Roll_eyes

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
wrexham01
Dabbler

Point of order? You say you have offered to investigate my problems,it is your duty to give me a decent service that iam paying for.Just confirm what iam saying is true!