cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband not working since activation- please help!

Euanburns02

Fibre broadband not working since activation- please help!

Hi,

We’ve never had any issues with broadband before however recently switched from nowtv BB to plus net (the activation date was yesterday - active line takeover) however our broadband isn’t working properly at all. A plus net adviser told us that it was an open reach fault and their responsibility to fix, however with no problem ever in the past with the line itself I’m unsure how this is the case. Also, the fibre does appear once every couple of hours for about 15 mins (works perfectly) then disappears for another few hours. Can anyone help? We’re working from home and would like this resolved ASAP ☺️☺️☺️
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Fibre broadband not working since activation- please help!

however with no problem ever in the past with the line itself I’m unsure how this is the case.

Changing from normal broadband to fibre involves work at the cabinet to connect your phone line to a fibre port. Its possible that the work done by the Openreach engineer (or contractor) has caused a fault or the fibre port that they have connected you to is faulty

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Euanburns02

Thanks for your reply! Sorry I should have been more clear/used the correct terminology, we had fibre before with NOWTV, the same speeds etc as we signed up to with plusnet, so the process should have just been a simple active line takeover?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

In that case you're correct, no physical  work should have been involved at the cabinet. Not sure about the exchange though ? Do NOW use Sky LLU , in which case some rejumpering would be required for the voice path . Wouldn't have thought that would affect the Fibre broadband though...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Euanburns02

I’m pretty sure NowTV do use sky’s LLU. You wouldn’t perhaps know how this is fixed? It’s frustrating because you’d think plusnet would be on top of this as when the order is placed they know which provider they are taking over from 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I'm not sure that they do. They just place an order on BT wholesale, who place an order on Openreach, to take over the line. If it goes wrong then all Plusnet (or any other ISP using BTw) can do is raise a fault and get BTw/OR to investigate and fix.