cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband not active

mcantab
Dabbler

Fibre broadband not active

I moved house and for the move I upgraded from standard broadband to fibre broadband. The move took place on 24th January and the activation date for fibre was due to be 1st Feb. Whenever I start up router all I get is the orange light/red flashing light problem. 

I've not yet had an email to say that the fibre broadband is active from Plusnet, but all the correspondence stated that the 1st Feb would be the activation date. Does PN just need to activate it at their end, or is there a problem with the line?

Any help would be appreciated!

13 REPLIES 13
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Fibre broadband not active

I'm just looking in to this. The phone order is complete but the fibre order has hit delays unfortunately, I'm currently discussing this with our suppliers to find out what's going on.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

If PN have not sent the email/text notifying you that the fibre is now active, then it does sound like they're still waiting for Openreach to complete the work (possibly due to fault)

With the router light combination, your router has failed to detect the Plusnet network.

Posted for reference:

Status

Power
(LED 1)

Broadband (LED 2)

Wireless
(LED 3)

Hub Starting / Booting

Solid Green for several seconds, then Flash Green

Off

Off

Hub Startup OK

Blue

Off

Off

Hub Startup failed

Red

Off

Off

Detecting Plusnet Broadband network

Flash Orange

Off

Off

Detected Plusnet Broadband network,
awaiting authorisation

Orange

Orange

Off

Broadband connected OK

Blue

Off

Off

Failed to detect Plusnet Broadband network

Orange

Flash Red

Off

Authorisation failure

Orange

Red

Off

Wireless Connected

Blue

Off

Off

Wireless Off

Blue

Off

Orange

Wireless Security Off

Blue

Off

Red

WPS In Progress

Blue

Off

Flash Orange

WPS Successful

Blue

Off

Off

WPS Error

Blue

Off

Flash Red

Password Override

Flash Blue

Off

Off

Chris
Legend

So the update is that an engineer went to the cabinet on the 1st Feb to complete the work but unfortunately found no dial tone on the line, which meant that they couldn't complete the FTTC order. They've had to forward this on to a routing team to investigate issues at the cabinet. We've been advised that we should have an update on this by the 10th Feb, I'm really sorry for the delays.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mcantab
Dabbler

Ok, thanks. Do you know what might have caused this issue?

mcantab
Dabbler

Please can someone give me an update on this case. Is there anything I need to do now or on the 10th to help get my service up and running? 

Chris
Legend

I'm afraid there's no update at the moment and we are unlikely to receive one until the 10th. I'm really sorry for the delays you've experienced.

mcantab
Dabbler

Chris, any update?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

We've been advised that a engineer should be going out Monday to get your fibre service up and running.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mcantab
Dabbler

That's really disappointing, Matthew. I was first told that it'd be up and running on Wednesday 1st, then today, now it's been put back until Monday 13th. Each time I've had to reach out to get an update on what's happening as no-one has been contacting me.

I'm still being billed for a service I've not had since 24th January. 

I'd like this month to be free to compensate for the lack of service provided by Plusnet. Please can you arrange this to happen or escalate it to someone who can.

Monty1

I don't blame you for asking for a refund on a product you are not getting. They should only start charging when they can provide the goods you signed up for in your contract. I would go further in asking for compensation for inconvenience caused and for total loss of service.

What I can't understand is why the connection/setup by Openreach isn't confirmed as working or not with PlusNet way BEFORE you are cut off from your previous provider.

I was thinking of joining PlusNet myself but am having second thoughts. There seems to be allot of promises when problems occur but little resolvable action within a sensible time scale.

Hardly what I would call a seamless provider transfer!

mcantab
Dabbler

I know, which is why I'm really frustrated. I've had over 3 years with Plusnet and they've provided a good, stable service.

I don't think a house move should cause this much trouble. I was told that the house I was moving to had a working line during the sign up process and that it'd be smooth process. Is that mis-selling?

They've not been good at updating me at all. I had some success with live chat today and I've been told that the 'downtime' will be refunded in the next billing cycle. Which partly makes up for it, but crucially I still don't have a working connection!

Monty1

I'm no lawyer, but I would have thought they are in breach of contract, in which case you should be entitled to take your custom elsewhere without being financially penalised. It certainly sounds like a speedier option.

mcantab
Dabbler

Matthew, Chris - can either of you confirm that the engineer will be sent out today please?