cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband keeps cutting out and it looks like the router reboots

gizwold

Fibre broadband keeps cutting out and it looks like the router reboots

Hello,

My broadband router keeps cutting out and looks like it power cycles. This was only happening about once every 2 weeks, but it's happened 4 times in the last 3 days. These have been 23/04/20 between 10-11am, 23/04/20 betwwen 6-6.30pm, 24/04/20 between 11.45-12.45, 25/04/20 between 9-9.30. (That's only the ones I know about).

I've tried calling about this issue twice, but just get a recorded message that there is no one to take my call.

Both myself and my wife are working from home and this is most inconvenient, and adds to the stress of an already difficult situation.

If anyone from PlusNet sees this, can I have a new router please?

Regards

Steve

6 REPLIES 6
gizwold

Re: Fibre broadband keeps cutting out and it looks like the router reboots

Just an update, this has happened 3 more times this morning. 8.30am, 9.30am & 10.30am approximately. I managed to video it, and it's 6 minutes of riveting viewing. I would've uploaded it, but you can't upload video.

On the plus side I did mange to speak to PlusNet. A nice lady call [CSA Removed], she agreed it sounded like a faulty router and is sending out a replacement.

I will update after it arrives.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @gizwold and apologies for the delayed response. 

Sorry for the issues with your service. Let us know how it goes once you've got the new router.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gizwold

I've changed the router on Friday 01/05/20 and it's been fine all weekend (not that we've used it much over the weekend). But today it did the same thing around 11.30am and again at 6.10pm.

I've added the video I took the other day so you can see what is happening.

Regards

Steve

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @gizwold 

I'm sorry to see you're still experiencing drops in your connection with a new router. Our tests are showing a fault somewhere along the line we'd potentially need to arrange an engineer to investigate further. Can you go through the troubleshooting steps Here to connect your router into the test socket and report a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net after?

Drop us a reply back afterwards and we'll get this picked back up as soon as possible.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gizwold

Hi, my wife spoke to one of your support tech's on Tuesday and he got her to use the test port as you mentioned in your post. He confirmed there was a fault on the line, but said it may be within the property. He arranged or an Openreach engineer to come to our house the following day!!

The Openreach engineer replaced our master socket, and since then we have not noticed any line drops or mad flashing router.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That's great to see @gizworld! Please do let us know if there's anything further we need to help you with. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team