cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband installation messed up!!

maryjo1
Dabbler

Fibre broadband installation messed up!!

I have just recently joined plusnet and order has been messed up pre installation and I forked out a years rental in advance so very disappointed considering all the positive advertising plusnet have done re their company . It is being resolved but now I don't know a definite date I will have broadband or phone 😭

30 REPLIES 30
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Fibre broadband installation messed up!!

Hi there,

I've checked the account and I can't see that we've made any errors here, unfortunately when we went to place the orders for the line we found there was no active line there so had to place an order to restart this. When this completes we'll be able to place the fibre order and provide a date for this to complete. I'm sorry if the timescale is longer than you expected.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
maryjo1
Dabbler

Hi Chris
This is not I was told Day b4 yesterday .
By another service agent
...Good news I have found out whats gone on here, we placed the order for you to re-start the stopped line at your home, (I could not see the line as we had an order on it so it removed the line so one else can place an order on it)
For some reason details of the order never got added to your account so we could not see any details of the order.
Me... I am annoyed that I was emailed date of May 24 for join up and no further communication to tell me otherwise and possibly would still been no further forward if I had not contacted urselves to realise there was an issue
maryjo1
Dabbler

Well may I say plusnet has excelled themselves after a slow start...fone on today quicker than I was lead to believe 😍 And apparently broadband in a couple days so one VERY HAPPY ME 😃

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I am sorry for any confusion. I've reviewed your account and I can see that we simply had to restart the stopped line at your address before we were able to place your fibre order.

Now your line's active, I'm starting the process of placing your fibre order, but we're hitting a bit of a road bump. Our records are showing that the service is unavailable at the moment.

I've checked the Openreach availability site here and it appears our suppliers are performing maintenance at your exchange, so it appears we'll be unable to order a fibre service at this time. Sad

It's possible that we're unable to place the order because your line has just been restarted, as it can take 24 hours for records to update. We'll check back on this for you tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
maryjo1
Dabbler

Ok thank u...disappointed ☹️ but not ur fault 

maryjo1
Dabbler

I had fibre with sky up until last week so ?Huh

maryjo1
Dabbler

This is what I'm reading on openreach

Great news, Superfast fibre is in your area.
Find out which Service Providers could offer you Superfast fibre broadband today.
Cabinet icon
Exchange name: Antrim
Exchange status: Fibre enabled
Cabinet number: 8
Technology: FTTC

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Are you seeing that when you type in your landline number (ending in 598 )?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
maryjo1
Dabbler

No my postcode was what I was asked for so shall go look one with telephone number. Thank u

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Availability searches using a landline number is more accurate.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
maryjo1
Dabbler

Yeah checked number and u r correct...typical my luck which I have had quite bad run in relation to broadband...think my last provider must put curse on it lol 😂😂

maryjo1
Dabbler

I checked openreach this morning with my telephone number and that message has cleared re maintenance going on.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Good to hear Thumbs_Up I'll get the order placed for you when I'm in the office (around lunchtime)
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @maryjo1, I've placed your order and we'll provide a further update via the account once our suppliers have advised us of the expected completion date.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet