cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband installation messed up!!

FIXED
rkaur
Grafter

Fibre broadband installation messed up!!

Had adsl connection for a month rarely any issues, today was my fibre broadband activation date. The internet is not working just getting an orange light. Spoke to plusnet they said engineer did set it up but something might occurred at the green box. Absolutely ridiculous, the engineer messed up and no I have no internet for days/weeks. Btw how long does it take for engineers to come out really how wait isn't that long 😭
9 REPLIES 9
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Fibre broadband installation messed up!!

Hi there @rkaur

I am sorry to hear you are unable to connect to the internet since upgrading to fibre broadband. Having reviewed your account it looks like you've tried plugging your router into the test socket with no success.

The next step I'd advise is raising a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net and let us know once you've completed that we'll get it picked up for you and a fault engineer visit arranged.

The availability of fault engineers is usually within a couple of working days.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

-Edit-

Scrap raising a fault, I can see the adviser raised a ticket to our faults team already.

I'll work the ticket for you now and will update you here

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rkaur
Grafter

Thank you so much! Hopefully there is a solution for it soon as we are without internet and it isn't our fault. Oh btw thanks for working the ticket. I have responded with times of availability for engineer
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

We'll get that booked in for you now.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
rkaur
Grafter

Thank you so it's this Friday and time is 8am-1. Also do I get contacted in the morning of that day?

Thanks for the quick help much appreciated
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

You may get a text or a call off the engineer to let you know they're on the way.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
rkaur
Grafter

Will the issue also be fixed if there is a external problem such as at the green box or is this just for internal check
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

The engineer will investigate the problem, they would generally just need access to test the line from your master socket. If an external fault is found they should either fix it or arrange for it to be fixed.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rkaur
Grafter

engineer came and fixed the problem. issue solved very fast thanks for your help Smiley

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear it's been fixed.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team