Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband go live date?

FIXED
geekonthepc
Hooked

Fibre broadband go live date?

Hi there,

If someone from Plusnet could help that’d be much appreciated.

I ordered fibre broadband for my new home last week. The order originally failed but was placed manually on Friday and things seem to be moving along ok. The phone line has gone live and the broadband is due to go live soon. Caller display didn’t work originally despite ordering it so I chased that up yesterday and it should be up shortly. Not the best start but I’m hoping you’ll do me proud soon! 

Anyway, I have conflicting information. I’ve just checked my account and it says my fibre broadband is due to go live on 5th September. I’ve recently also had an email saying my broadband will go live on 9th September but I’m wondering if this is a typo as my order tracker still says 5th September.

Please can Plusnet confirm when my fibre go live date is and whether an engineer will be required to visit my premises?

Also, when should I expect my router to be dispatched? Given how long I’m having to wait for activation, I really don’t want a late arriving router!

Many thanks in advance 

Alex

9 REPLIES 9
geekonthepc
Hooked

Re: Fibre broadband go live date?

Am I right in thinking Plusnet staff respond to threads on the forums? Smiley

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

They do but not very quickly at the moment, probably short staffed during the summer holiday time.

geekonthepc
Hooked

Ok thank you - I thought as much! I’ll stand by for an update from staff.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Fix

Just to add some confusion, it's neither of those dates.

I've created a support ticket on your account with the actual date (don't worry, it's not delayed). Take a look here for the info: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=156479685

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
geekonthepc
Hooked

Perfect, thank you for the update and ordering my router! Smiley

I’m guessing it’s self install so no engineer required to visit property? I don’t believe I have an NTE5 faceplate on the master socket but I’m not entirely sure the master socket is where I think it is. Is there an easy way to find out which socket is the master socket if it doesn’t have a line two thirds down it and only has the single rectangular port on the front? 

I can find one socket in the front room and one in the master bedroom, but they both look exactly the same (as described above). Will everything be ok with my fibre broadband if it turns out these are my only two sockets?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's self install, it's worth finding the master socket if you can. All you should need is to plug a filter (there's one with the router) in to the socket and voila.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
geekonthepc
Hooked

Ok thank you, I’ll see if I can find some information about locating the master socket.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Will you have anything plugged in to the socket not being used for the router? If not you should be OK. If you do use both sockets make sure you have filters in both.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
geekonthepc
Hooked

@jelv definitely not, I’ll just have our landline phone on the same splitter as the router. Nothing else will be plugged in anywhere else. In which case, I should be fine - thank you for putting my mind at ease!