cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband go live date was 8th September but still not heard anything??

arnyjohn69
Hooked

Fibre broadband go live date was 8th September but still not heard anything??

My Fibre was to be switch over yesterday (8th September) but I still haven't had any contact?

Can someone from PlusNet get in contact and let me know if and when this is going to happen?Huh

Thanks

Matthew

12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fibre broadband go live date was 8th September but still not heard anything??

Hi there,

I'm sorry for the late response to this.

It looks like the previous provider has disconnected your line meaning that we were unable to transfer the service over.

I've placed a new order for us to take over the line and that should complete within the next few days, I'll keep an eye on that and make sure we place the broadband order without delay as soon as that's gone through.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Fibre broadband go live date was 8th September but still not heard anything??

@adamwalker wrote:

It looks like the previous provider has disconnected your line meaning that we were unable to transfer the service over.

@adamwalker Given the above, I assume the PN order was rejected, due to a cease already in place?, Surely PN was made aware of the order been rejected ( how long after submitting the order was it rejected?) due to a cease? why did nobody inform the customer?

Yet again seems like poor communication from PN to the customer   

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

arnyjohn69
Hooked

Yes and they were quick enough to take my £233 for upfront line rental on the 24th august as well!!!!!
What a good start for a new customer...NOT
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

We've took this on personally to find out what's happened.

I'll raise a ticket on your account with more details shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
arnyjohn69
Hooked

So I've just had an email now stating the Below! It doesn't exactly mention what is wrong with line if any. They should be ringing me on my mobile and not me chasing them and being put on hold for 30 minutes!!!!

There's something we should mention...

You can't change your products for the moment, there is a problem with your next billing date. Please try again later.
It looks like a temporary fault has stopped us from checking your line. Please give us a call on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 for more information.
If you find you can't change your products again, let us know using the Help Assistant.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

As your account hasn't activated yet, you can't change your product I'm afraid.

Having said that, I can't find any records of us sending you an email with that info.

Mind sending me a PM with a screenshot of the email?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
arnyjohn69
Hooked

It wasn't an email. It's on my account.
I've been given a new cut over date of 28th September.
I'm just hoping everything of in place for it to go ahead this time
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

@ITWorks wrote:

@adamwalker wrote:

@adamwalker Given the above, I assume the PN order was rejected, due to a cease already in place?, Surely PN was made aware of the order been rejected ( how long after submitting the order was it rejected?) due to a cease? why did nobody inform the customer?

No response from PN here , can only make me think the time line of events don't make PN look very good 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"Yes and they were quick enough to take my £233 for upfront line rental".

Has it gone up again? I thought it was £197 for 12 months in advance?

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

@ITWorks wrote:

@ITWorks wrote:

@adamwalker wrote:

No response from PN here , can only make me think the time line of events don't make PN look very good 

I find it very very very disappointing to have had zero response to the above, when it is obvious my post has been read as staff have posted thereafter.  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm looking into this now.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Matthew,

Whilst at first glance it looked like the orders we've placed failed because of a cease on the line, I've checked the availability at the address and the line is still working with the current provider with no pending ceases.

Matt replaced the orders, only to see them fail again. I've contacted BTwholesale with regards to the problem.

We've been advised that they are getting rejected because of a system issue which is preventing simultaneous orders from progressing. There's currently no workaround so we'll need to place the phone order first then the broadband.

I've started the process now and we'll confirm the date in which your phone service goes live shortly.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet