cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband dropping or very slow - worsening every day

Appletreegirl

Fibre broadband dropping or very slow - worsening every day

Our fibre speeds are getting slower and slower - just did the BT Wholesale test and got 1.33mbps download.  Used to be 35mbps! Sometimes there's no service at all, it is currently unusable.  Currently on hold to PlusNet but recorded message says wait times are circa 40 minutes. I live in the CM6 area - anyone else with a problem?  What can we do if we can't get hold of PlusNet? This is just ridiculous. 

2 REPLIES 2
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: Fibre broadband dropping or very slow - worsening every day

Hi Appletreegirl,

Currently PN's phone support appears to be overloaded with the number of customers calling with issues Sad

The phone waiting times appear to have got worse after the introduction of the new billing system at the start of September.

However, as you have some internet access you can raise a fault with PN without having to wait 30+ minutes on the phone.

If you follow the steps in the guide over at -> http://faults.plus.net <- a fault ticket should be raised for you.

The steps in the online faults process may seem overly complicated but the process is designed to avoid BT Openreach charging PN & yourself a fee for a fault with the router or bad telephone extension wiring etc

It is also important to test the internet speeds with a wired connection between the PC and the router rather than WiFi.

WiFi operates on frequencies shared with other users and interference from other users can considerably reduce data speeds.

Regards

Richard

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Fibre broadband dropping or very slow - worsening every day

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing speed problems.

From what I can see there's a stuck profile on your account limiting your speeds. I've sorted this for you now. If you reboot your router, you should see a much higher speed.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet