Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband constant dropouts

s1mps
Grafter

Re: Fibre broadband constant dropouts

Dropped off again now

This occurred when the other router was plugged directly into the BT socket, and it's happening now with the new PlusNet router plugged into the test socket via the supplied microfilter.
I don't have another filter.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @s1mps

I'm sorry to see your broadband's still dropping.

I'd recommend we arrange an engineer appointment to investigate further. Can you raise a fault to us Here again? In the notes box at the end, please add your availability for a visit.

The available timeslots are weekdays (and occasionally Saturday's) 8am to 1pm, or 1pm to 6pm. This means we'll be able to arrange an engineer straight away once we've picked the fault up.

Feel free to post back after you've raised the fault and we'll make sure that is picked up as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
s1mps
Grafter

Down again at 10pm tonight (right now)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear this. Can you reply to the open ticket on your account with when you'd be available for a engineer visit?

Feel free to post back once you've done so and we'll make sure that is picked up as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
s1mps
Grafter

Thank you @Gandalf 

I've just looked at my open ticket and I see no mention of availability for a visit?Huh

Question #216654814 

Is this the ticket? This is the one I've been responding to. Thank you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @s1mps

Sorry for the confusion. Sad

I can see when you raised the fault Friday night you didn't leave your availability for an engineer visit as per below

@Gandalf wrote:

I'd recommend we arrange an engineer appointment to investigate further. Can you raise a fault to us Here again? In the notes box at the end, please add your availability for a visit.

The available timeslots are weekdays (and occasionally Saturday's) 8am to 1pm, or 1pm to 6pm. This means we'll be able to arrange an engineer straight away once we've picked the fault up.

Feel free to post back after you've raised the fault and we'll make sure that is picked up as soon as we can.

While you can't go back to amend the notes, you can add a comment to the ticket Here.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
s1mps
Grafter

@Gandalf 

Done

Thank you

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks @s1mps although we can't narrow down the timeslots from 8am while 1pm, or 1pm while 6pm.

Having said that, testing your line again is now showing a logged major service outage, which is expected to be resolved within the next half an hour. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your connection over the course of the day and let us know if there are further issues still and we'll be happy to check again.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
s1mps
Grafter

Thank you again @Gandalf 

Unfortunately I'm only home out of office hours so can't check. I'll check tonoght.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah OK, no problem @s1mps

Fingers crossed it's sorted by tonight but let us know when you get home Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
s1mps
Grafter

Connection has just dropped again at 10pm
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @s1mps thank you for letting us know.

I've just run another test on the line and can see that while Openreach were hoping to have the Major Service Issue resolved yesterday, this has become delayed. They're now hoping to have the matter sorted by 19:00 today. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
s1mps
Grafter

Ah ok @adam945 

No problem.. that's good news!!

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

No problem at all, feel free to reach out again if you continue to experience the same issues.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
s1mps
Grafter

11pm down

(Just making a record)