Fibre broadband constant dropouts

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Fibre broadband constant dropouts

Thanks for getting back to me @s1mps 

No problem, let us know how it goes once you've setup the router we've sent

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
s1mps
Grafter

Could someone please take a screenshot of my stats for the past week?
I've not been online in the wee hours but this weekend my connection has been terrible in the daytime. Unacceptably so.
I'll swap in the PlusNet router now and see what difference that makes.
No contact has been made from the ticket I raised btw.
Thanks.
s1mps
Grafter

Just had my 1st dropout on the supplied router.

I don't have enough mobile data to keep online. This is unacceptable.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @s1mps,

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. I've taken a look into your account today and whilst I can see these connection drops you're referring to, our line tests don't indicate any specific underlying faults. As this is the case, we may need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. Just before we do go down that route, I'd like to double check something - have you tried setting the router up within the test socket in the property? I can see you'd previously mentioned there are no ADSL splitters in the current setup, which leads me to believe the master socket's faceplate is filtered and that you've not taken it out of the equation to reach the test socket yet. If you have already tried this and it's made no difference, please drop us another message on here and we can make the next steps towards arranging an engineer investigation.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
s1mps
Grafter

Thanks @TheMightyAJ

There's no split faceplate like on the diagrams so I assumed there was no test socket. I'll sort that out this evening.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for confirming this @s1mps. It'd be best to keep the router setup in the test socket for the next few days to see how things perform, but if after connecting the router via the test socket the connection continues to drop out then please let us know via this thread as soon as you're able to and we'll be more than happy to proceed further with our investigation.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
s1mps
Grafter

@TheMightyAJ Thanks will do

Bellis85

Hi,
Drop outs are becoming more frequent and lasting longer each time, the only way to reconnect is to power down and back on the router. I raised a fault via the link a couple of weeks ago but have heard nothing yet.

Can't wait for the end of this contract to be able to move to another supplier.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @Bellis85

Please accept our apologies for the time it took in getting the fault raised properly on our end.

I can see that it was raised to Openreach on Sunday, and an engineer appointment has been confirmed. Out faults team will review the engineer notes after the appointment has taken place and will follow up accordingly.

Give us a shout if you have any further questions at all Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
s1mps
Grafter

Someone from PlusNet phoned to say they were closing my call as there hadn't seen any faults. They cut me off before ringing to test which was a bit annoying as I'd just clicked submit on a very large transaction.

The PlusNet router is still plugged into the test socket. The link dropped twice over the weekend that I noticed.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @s1mps

Apologies for this, that would be really annoying. I've checked the fault on BT Wholesale's side and the appointment has been confirmed though, so hopefully we'll know a lot more by the time we're able to see the engineer notes.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
s1mps
Grafter

Dropout for 10 minutes ten minutes ago
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @s1mps,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your connection. I've tested your line today and whilst I can see the connection has dropped out a few times, we're unable to see what could be causing the issue. Have you made any changes to the internal setup within the property recently?

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
s1mps
Grafter

Thanks. No changes. It's been the same since I got it as reported above.
I'm currently still using the supplied PlusNet router plugged into the test socket as instructed.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for confirming this @s1mps. Please could you try switching out the microfilter with an alternative one, to see if this makes any difference?

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team