cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband connection

Niccithom

Fibre broadband connection

How cant fibre broadband handle more than once device on the internet at a time? It keeps cutting out and making the picture go all funny, sometimes it struggles to have one device connected? Does anyone know how I can sort this out?
12 REPLIES 12
yfront
Grafter

Re: Fibre broadband connection

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/PerformanceTesterWS/home.jsp

Go to the above link, follow the instructions and let us know the result.

Have you only recently been provided with fibre?

What devices are you attempting to run?

Fred

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @Niccithom,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing a problem with your connection and welcome to the forum. 

Can you confirm if this is over a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you check a wired connection and let us know how you get on. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Niccithom

I haven’t got flash player in my phone to do it. And I haven’t got a laptop.

It’s mainly the Xbox. And if my bf is playing fifa 18 and we then my LG or LB goes on their tablets to watch a video it then can’t handle it and messes us. Which shouldn’t be the case!
Niccithom

It’s through a wired connection.
If fifa or a film is on the Xbox (as that’s what we use mainly) the picture is all fuzzy for about 10mins at the beginning and if one of my kids goes on their tablets at the same time it freezes and then the picture goes fuzzy again.

It gets really frustrating as we can’t do anything when my bed is playing fifa as he moans it plays up 😳😩
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hi @Niccithom,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your connection.Our tests are not highlighting a problem at our side, however we would recommend going through some troubleshooting to start ruling things out.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Please let us know how you get on.

Sammy

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Niccithom

I’ve done all that. And it still doesn’t work properly. We are considering leaving you as since we moved house 2years who that’s all we’ve had is problem after problem. We’ve also had an engineer out and still nothing work properly
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Have you tried following the steps here to improve your Wi-Fi signal?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Niccithom

Thanks for that I’ll try it ☺️
Niccithom

It’s still not working. If this doesn’t get resolved then I will be thinking about leaving as it’s getting beyond a joke now. Watching the World Cup Brazil game and it’s gone off 20times in 90mins 😳 surely that can’t be right!
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

I hesitate to comment in this thread at this late stage, but it seemed to me that at least part of your problem is losing wifi connection? If that is correct there is one more simple thing you could try yourself. 

There have been reports that some kit can get confused by the hub 1 (do you have a hub 1?) broadcasting wifi on 2 frequencies. There can be problems when devices decide to switch from one to the other,  and reports of even dropping the connection. It might be worth separating the two signals. @bill888 has posted how to do that at https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Devices-stop-working-on-5-GHz-connection-Wifi-drops/m-p/1395....

If you are losing internet, in other words dropping the connect from your hub to the rest or the world, then it would be worth running through the checks at https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ and report a fault at https://www.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults It takes a bit of your time and costs you nothing.

Do please let us know how you get on..

yfront
Grafter

You say the main problem is with the x box which is wired, not WiFi connected, by that can you confirm it's connected directly to the modem/router.

Do you have the modem connected directly to the master phone socket? If not how is it routed from the master socket?

Do you have any friends with an x box or laptop that would be willing to bring to your address to test, just to eliminate any problems with your x box.

With a laptop you'll be able to do the tests mentioned earlier in the thread.

Fred

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

The connection to us is very stable as shown below

Have you tried changing the wireless channel as advised on the link I provided earlier in the thread?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team